Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

That is such a cute little black and white baby. I love the setting. I wish I had even a green sprig of grass to pose mine it. After a year of having chickens among orange and yellow nystergium and purple vinca making beautiful back drops, now I have nothing but brown dirt.

My new babies! I have 4 new polish in the bunch.

Last edited:
That is such a cute little black and white baby.  I love the setting. I wish I had even a green sprig of grass to pose mine it.  After a year of having chickens among orange and yellow nystergium and purple vinca making beautiful back drops, now I have nothing but brown dirt.

Sorry to hear that. Can you try a flower pot?

My first ever hatched chick. An Appenzeller Spitzhauben called Duck. I bought 7 eggs but only one hatched and I ended up with a solo chick. Off to TSC and bought two random chicks so that Duck would stop peeping and crying.

I don't have a heat lamp at all. I used a dog crate with hardware cloth and chicken wire. A styrofoam food container with a hole cut in it and bedding inside. A heating pad over the food container. Over the heating pad is a towel wrapped in a wood pellet bag. It's toasty warm in there. I had to keep this in my house and my barn has no power to it as yet.

The chicks were more or less the same size when I bought them, but a week older. I knew I might have to trade them out for smaller ones over time.

Found someone with Appenzeller Spitzhauben chicks of the same age. Bought 4 of them to be with Duck. Moved the two big chicks to their own brooder. Duck was upset for the first day, but is now having a great time, not being trod on by gigantic chicks. The TSC chicks grew so fast and Duck is a smaller breed to start with.

Duck - rocking his baby mohawk.

Well okay, I am no expert... but the golden chick on the right, without seeing her comb better, could be a Buff Orpington or a Golden Sexlink of some kind....

The two sitting next to each other I was thinking have the feathering of Easter Eggers (where they are all different colors and patterns)... but those combs are pea combs... so that would rule out Easter Eggers...  So then I am stumped.

Anyone else have any guesses?  Or perhaps you can take some more pics for us to see them better?

Back
Top Bottom