Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Here is a photo of my current pocket pet. We've named him Dougal after a character in Outlander. He's all boy, quite vocal at times, but he loves his mama. Getting him some new ladies this week, since I don't want him crossing with the brahmas.

Over the past few weeks I hatched quite a few chicks, most being from my white with black jap rooster, white with black jap hen, and two black jap hens. I sold all except one because its markings were much different from the rest (the other blacks turned gray or black where their yellow was but this one is going white, at least on the wings) and I want to see how he or she turns out!

Apx 1 week old

Today (17 days old)

My guess is it will look like one of these two (except hopefully a female version)... These are not mine, just googled images.

And here is a picture of my two poults (Blue Slate and Holland White) and two pearl keets that hatched this weekend. They are waiting for me to set up their temporary indoor brooder and later next week they will go in the outdoor brooder.

My husband and our Rose watching a chick video. Lol
Beautiful bird!
love.gif

Figured it was about time I took pics of the crew out in the coop.... they are getting so big. Now they actually look like mini-chickens, not chicks so much.

Here are the original 4.... Lacey the SLW.

Rose, the stunning white EE.

Lucy the BO, and Ethel the BR running from my daughter.

They are total lap chickens. They may run when the girls try to catch them, but they come right up to me and want to be held.

Really old pictures!!

Australops and two lavender bantams. Turned out really friendly, broody and both great egg layers.

Two lavender bantams which turned friendly and broody when older. Both hatched eggs twice. 2 chicks the first round and then another 10.

Ones I'm getting today. First time in years and haven't had these breeds yet, it will be an exciting experience :)

I posted a few weeks back a pic of my baby bantams but here is them updated :) My three Cochin Bantams

This is them at 2 maybe 3 days old :)

and now 2 weeks old and doing great! also got rid of the red light and got them the mama heating pad set up :)

Figured it was about time I took pics of the crew out in the coop.... they are getting so big. Now they actually look like mini-chickens, not chicks so much.

Here are the original 4.... Lacey the SLW.

Rose, the stunning white EE.

Lucy the BO, and Ethel the BR running from my daughter.

They are total lap chickens. They may run when the girls try to catch them, but they come right up to me and want to be held.
Gorgeous girls!!!

I've been working on sitting and just spending time with the chicks hoping for some lap chicks! I have a Columbian Rock and Red Rock Cross that are my two ladies right now.. Out of our 26 half are super comfortable with me... a few are totally into me if I have food and the rest are indifferent! Hoping to have a group I can hang with, and call to come back when needed so we can free range, and just an easy to control and love flock!

Gorgeous girls!!!

I've been working on sitting and just spending time with the chicks hoping for some lap chicks! I have a Columbian Rock and Red Rock Cross that are my two ladies right now.. Out of our 26 half are super comfortable with me... a few are totally into me if I have food and the rest are indifferent! Hoping to have a group I can hang with, and call to come back when needed so we can free range, and just an easy to control and love flock!

I think they love me because I am the food/scratch/worm/bug/grass lady. Hahaha. Or maybe because they know I sometimes wear sparkly earrings and one day they think their gonna get those things... Hahahaha.

Amen to the calling back part. I have had a few times where some of them slipped out, and we live in a neighborhood with some wandering dogs that I am sure would love some chicken dinner, but it was no problem getting them wrangled back up. I hope to one day dog proof our cross buck fence with some welded wire and then I can allow them to have some supervised free-range time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom