baby duck, alone

Big dreams

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Ok, the neighbor kid just gave me a very little baby duck, (he said he found it all alone and could not find the mama) I tried my best to get it back to her but no go. So I have had baby chicks but never baby ducks and I am clueless... I put it in a box with newspaper and a lamp... wet chicken food and cut up lettuce but it just jumps up trying to get out until I stick it in my shirt... what do I do with this poor baby. Thank you in advanced I have always got good advice here.
smile.png

I was afraid it was going to hurt itself jumping around like that. It doesn't seem to be eatting either, but maybe still just stressed from the kids running after it and all.

Oh, and I will go find a stuffed something for it...
hmm.png

Last edited:
A lof of birds will calm down if you put them into a dark space. Perhaps if you cover part of the brooder so it doesn't see all the strange stuff around itself. It just needs some time I would say.
Katharina

Will the light be a problem? I am afraid it might get cold, it's about 70 in here but I know baby chicks need it much warmer. I have it in the box and a 60 watt bulb over it. A dish of water and a lid with some wet chicken food in it. Is that all I should do?

Back
Top Bottom