Baby duck sneezing fluid?? Help!

Drooling? Could he have gotten into anything he shouldn't have? And small objects he might have swallowed, or any mold, stagnant standing water?

@Amiga

Do they get bath time? Just a couple inches deep, same temp as the brooder. Is it lije a yawning motion, opening the bill wide? That may indicate plugged up ears.

Can you upload video to Youtube or Vimeo to share here?

Last edited:
@RavynFallen he has tried to get cat litter he finds but usually spits it out.

@Amiga Yes he does get bath time, but I have only seen him actually clean himself once while in the bath. It isn't a full stretched out yawn kinda like half way open while extending his neck the slightest bit.

@casportpony it's clear.

I found the times it has happened is after he eats the duckling food, could it possibly be too big? I blended it up to almost a powder and he is all over it!

The last welsh I hatched had the same drooling problem but had no trouble eating.

Last edited:
Please block his access to cat litter, that stuff is either clay or made to clump up and could clog his digestive system...

If it's just happening when he's eating, maybe he is eating too much of it dry... might try dampening his food...

@RavynFallen just talked to a vet and she told me just to watch his weight and that nothing serious should be happening. Since I realized his interest in cat litter I have kept him away! No worries

Get yourself a digital kitchen scale and weigh every morning before feeding. A healthy duckling wil gain weight daily, so if it stays the same weight, or loses weight, you'll need to revise your treatment.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom