baby duck with lots of problems

That is frustrating waiting for the harness. I wonder if the designing part is a challenge.

Yay for Turbo's PT. He is really improving. So cool. Que Sera is so patient with him.
It was flustrating to wait a week and find out she hadn't even started on it. I cancelled the order and she told me to make my own halter if I expected it sooner then what she could fix it. Well that's fine Turbo has his halter now and I don't have to wait another week or so to get one.

Que Sera keeps Turbo moving in the boards. She is a stinker. When he is drinking she loves to run over and drink water with him. He hurries and turns around and goes in the opposite direction.

Patty

I went to Feeders Supply and got Turbo a harness. It's called a comfort harness and it's like a little vest that fits over his back and has two velcrow snaps. One around his neck and one around his belly. It's really cute it's a light brown trimmed in black with a little white stripe across the center. It even come with a little leash. This is made for a ferret but it still fits Turbo. Can you believe they have halters for rats and mice and hamsters. Putting this harness on Turbo is like putting a wetsuit on an earthworm. He won the first round of not wearing the harness. I had to put him in the bathtub to get him to calm down. I kid you not. It took two adults to get him in it. Then after getting everything positioned and the leash on he wouldn't walk. Then I keep telling myself he will eventually get used to it. He will enjoy the freedom of being able to stand up and not do any flipping. He's taking a nap now and when he gets up maybe Robbie can help me ease him back into the harness and we will see how that goes. Wish us luck. I am going to try and talk Robbie into taking some pics of Turbo in it if we are strong enough to get him in it.

Patty
Maybe once you get him in it leave him in it so he gets use to it. My lil dachshund hates a harness and acts like he can't walk when he wears one so I just leave it on him for a few days so he gets use to it then he does much better.

A wet suit on an earth worm
lol.png

Maybe once you get him in it leave him in it so he gets use to it. My lil dachshund hates a harness and acts like he can't walk when he wears one so I just leave it on him for a few days so he gets use to it then he does much better.

A wet suit on an earth worm
lol.png
Yes Patti that is the only way I could describe how it felt trying to get that halter on him.
big_smile.png

When he got up from his nap I slipped the halter right on him. I didn't have a bit of problem with him. I sit him down he started walking around like he'd been wearing it forever. Que Sera didn't know what to make of it she was kind of scared of Turbo. His new addition boards are going up now. He's going to have lots more room to walk now.

Patty

Yes Patti that is the only way I could describe how it felt trying to get that halter on him.
big_smile.png

When he got up from his nap I slipped the halter right on him. I didn't have a bit of problem with him. I sit him down he started walking around like he'd been wearing it forever. Que Sera didn't know what to make of it she was kind of scared of Turbo. His new addition boards are going up now. He's going to have lots more room to walk now.

Patty
Look forward to seeing Turbo sporting his new harness. great he was more relaxed and you could get it on him after his nap. Maybe Turbo thought if I wear this harness Que Sera will be afraid and won't want to kiss my bill off.
wink.png

I hope he does awesome on the new boards!!

Look forward to seeing Turbo sporting his new harness. great he was more relaxed and you could get it on him after his nap. Maybe Turbo thought if I wear this harness Que Sera will be afraid and won't want to kiss my bill off.
wink.png

thanks Patti . Turbo might have had that bad thought in his head when he didn't go ballistic when I put the harness on.
lol.png

He'll be trying the new boards out in the morning. He has a much much bigger space to walk in.

Patty

That's great that a ferret harness works lol never thought of something like that. Even better now you won't have to wait for custom stuff when something else works just as well. Hopefully he gets used to it and realizes it's to help him walk.

I went to Feeders Supply and got Turbo a harness.  It's called a comfort harness and it's like a little vest that fits over his back and has two velcrow snaps.  One around his neck and one around his belly.  It's really cute it's a light brown trimmed in black with a little white stripe across the center.  It  even come with a little leash. This is made for a ferret but it still fits Turbo.  Can you believe they have  halters for rats and mice and hamsters.  Putting this harness on Turbo is like putting a wetsuit on an earthworm.  He won the first round of not wearing the harness.  I had to put him in the bathtub to get him to calm down.  I kid you not.  It took two adults to get him in it.  Then after getting everything positioned and the leash on he wouldn't walk.  Then I keep telling myself he will eventually get used to it.  He will enjoy the freedom of being able to stand up and not do any flipping. He's taking a nap now and when he gets up maybe Robbie can help me ease him back into the harness and we will see how that goes.  Wish us luck. I am going to try and talk Robbie into taking some pics of Turbo in it if we are strong enough to get him in it.

Patty
Haha, Turbo and the worm analogy. Amazing he was strong enuf to resist. Sweet little spirited bird.

Look forward to seeing Turbo sporting his new harness. great he was more relaxed and you could get it on him after his nap. Maybe Turbo thought if I wear this harness Que Sera will be afraid and won't want to kiss my bill off. ;)

you're so cute Miss Lydia

Yes Patti that is the only way I could describe how it felt trying to get that halter on him.  :D

When he got up from his nap I slipped the halter right on him. I didn't have a bit of problem with him.  I sit him down he started walking around like he'd been wearing it forever.  Que Sera didn't know what to make of it she was kind of scared of Turbo.  His new addition boards are going up now.  He's going to have lots more room to walk now. 

Patty
love that he naps. Sweetie.

It was flustrating to wait a week and find out she hadn't even started on it.  I cancelled the order and she told me to make my own halter if I expected it sooner then what she could fix it. Well that's fine Turbo has his halter  now and I don't have to wait another week or so to get one.

Que Sera keeps Turbo moving in the boards.  She is a stinker.  When he is drinking she loves to run over and drink water with him.  He hurries and turns around and goes in the opposite direction.  

Patty
I am glad you got Turbo a harness. Sometimes you cannot depend on other people which is too bad.

Que Sera is funny how she smothers him. And then he runs away from her. The personalities are beyond amazing.

Back
Top Bottom