baby duck with lots of problems

I think Turbo is actually putting some weight on. His face looks like it is filling out some and his body also. He's still tiny for his age and he has a lot of catching up to do. Que Sera is almost double the size of Turbo now. She's still yellow and fluffy. I wish I could cut a window in the bucket I know Que Sera would love to see him at all times. I have the towel all the way in the bottom and draped on the sides so if he hits his head the towel will cushion it. Also the great thing about the bucket he cannot flip upside down.

This morning when I was feeding Turbo I had let Que Sera out of her cage. Turbo was eating and Que Sera was laying on my foot. I love the little pitter patter of her feet when she is following me to the kitchen. She is a character.

I'm still working on Turbo's walking. I tried to explain to him the difference between walking on the ceiling and the floor. He is so strong I know he has the strength to walk. If he could just get that head going in the same direction as his body.

Have a great day all.

Patty
I love to hear it too. My lil duckling used to do that and put his lil head under my pants leg.

Sounds so good to hear Turbo is putting on weight and filling out every step forward is a good thing.Body gets stronger to hold head at right angle hopefully it won't be long now. Will he play in the water I know you said the other day he doesn't move around much when in the water. Wondered if that had changed.

Turbo doesn't move around much in the water. I have to support him in the water I'm afraid he will flip over and drown. Yesterday he kept dunking his head all the way under. That is the first time I've seen him do that. He doesn't dunk his head in his water dish. When he takes a drink he puts his head straight up. After he takes his bath I blow dry him and wrap him up. It's time to feed him again. I'm feeding him more often since he is not able to eat or drink in the bucket on his own.

Patty

p.s. I wrote a little story in the duck thread and the title is Duck Kidnapping. Never a dull moment when you have ducks or chickens.

Turbo doesn't move around much in the water. I have to support him in the water I'm afraid he will flip over and drown. Yesterday he kept dunking his head all the way under. That is the first time I've seen him do that. He doesn't dunk his head in his water dish. When he takes a drink he puts his head straight up. After he takes his bath I blow dry him and wrap him up. It's time to feed him again. I'm feeding him more often since he is not able to eat or drink in the bucket on his own.

Patty

p.s. I wrote a little story in the duck thread and the title is Duck Kidnapping. Never a dull moment when you have ducks or chickens.
Working those neck muscles will help strengthen his neck so he can hold his head up better. We'll be calling him Turbo the butterball soon.
wink.png
now to go find your story

Last edited:
Turbo is still eating and drinking. I'm still working with the rehab of trying to get him to walk. The lil guy is not giving up and neither am I.

Patty

So glad to hear he's still doing ok! Poor little guy with such a big head. Hopefully he will grow into it soon and stop flipping over.

Reading this and the tribute amykins thread got me to thinking....

@pattyhen what if you placed Turbo in a coffee cup with cardboard that has cutout for his bottom or maybe a yogurt cup with something cut out of the lid? It would maybe help stabilize him upright for a bit so he could spend some time with QueSera. I believe I saw something on here SOMEWHERE like it. I'll try to dig it up.

Back
Top Bottom