baby duck with lots of problems

I'm glad you have a plan just in case things don't work out. It sounds like you are a referee trying to get everyone to quit fighting.

I got up late this morning and the ducks let me know it. I had ducks in the back yard quacking and ducks in the front yard quacking. I gave them some frozen peas to go with their other stuff so they wouldn't be to mad at me. When I opened the coop door it looked like black friday when the shoppers storm the doors to be let in.

I hope everyone has a nice day it's beautiful here. I would love to keep these temps all year round. The ducks and the chickens like it too.

Patty
I'm with you on the weather thing. I like moderate temps, and I've so much enjoyed recently being able to leave the sliding door open with just the screen door closed. I love the breeze through the house and love being able to hear the outdoor sounds. Scott started to go outside a couple of nights ago and realized he'd forgotten something, so that caused him to forget to close the screen door. I came in the room a couple minutes later to find 21 ducks in our family room nibbling on various things. Time to clean the carpet again.

I'm with you on the weather thing. I like moderate temps, and I've so much enjoyed recently being able to leave the sliding door open with just the screen door closed. I love the breeze through the house and love being able to hear the outdoor sounds. Scott started to go outside a couple of nights ago and realized he'd forgotten something, so that caused him to forget to close the screen door. I came in the room a couple minutes later to find 21 ducks in our family room nibbling on various things. Time to clean the carpet again.
yuckyuck.gif
I bet that was a sight to behold

I'm glad you have a plan just in case things don't work out. It sounds like you are a referee trying to get everyone to quit fighting.

I got up late this morning and the ducks let me know it. I had ducks in the back yard quacking and ducks in the front yard quacking. I gave them some frozen peas to go with their other stuff so they wouldn't be to mad at me. When I opened the coop door it looked like black friday when the shoppers storm the doors to be let in.

I hope everyone has a nice day it's beautiful here. I would love to keep these temps all year round. The ducks and the chickens like it too.

Patty
I got to to drizzle but it has left and we have sunshine got motivated to bring out the shop vac and get the cobwebs down in my coops, now if I could just get motivated to do my own coop.
hmm.png
Better get started before the motivation disappears.

I can just imagine what it looked like when you opened that door lol I see it on many a morning.

yuckyuck.gif
I bet that was a sight to behold

I'm constantly kicking myself for not thinking to get a pic of stuff. It wasn't even that I didn't have time to do it this time because they didn't leave until I shooed them back out the door. I was just like, "What the..." and didn't even think to get a pic. They were all brooded in the house for months, so I guess they thought dad leaving the door open was an invitation to come in.

I'm constantly kicking myself for not thinking to get a pic of stuff. It wasn't even that I didn't have time to do it this time because they didn't leave until I shooed them back out the door. I was just like, "What the..." and didn't even think to get a pic. They were all brooded in the house for months, so I guess they thought dad leaving the door open was an invitation to come in.
21 tiny ducks in the family room would have been a good pic, I am the same way mainly because I have to make a mental note to actually pick up the camera and take it with me since my phone camera isn't any good.

Laughing out loud. Oh, no way. I am sorry you have to clean but this is hysterical. Was it hard herding them out the door? Did Scott help?

Oh my. 21 ducks and on carpet. I bet that was a disaster to clean up! I've only two ducks. And only one was allowed on the carpet (Dave the day we got him, we learned fast how much ducks pooped and how hard it was to clean outta carpet!) needles to say he's not allowed on anymore haha. I would've loved to see those duckies in your house chewing on things.

Oh my. 21 ducks and on carpet. I bet that was a disaster to clean up! I've only two ducks. And only one was allowed on the carpet (Dave the day we got him, we learned fast how much ducks pooped and how hard it was to clean outta carpet!) needles to say he's not allowed on anymore haha. I would've loved to see those duckies in your house chewing on things.
Me too. Imagine the surprising sight of 21 cute little ducks inside the one room of your house nibbling on whatnot with their bills, quacking, clucking, chortling, sneezing and just being so cute. They care not. They are curious and nosey little burds. And I LOVE THEM.

Oh my gosh I'm sitting here by my self in the kitchen laughing my head off. I can't imagine 21 ducks in the house. I know they do follow each other and I guess when one come in they were right behind him. Then it was party time until you caught them. The little stinkers. Thanks for the laughs and I'm sorry it had to happen to you .

Patty

I got to to drizzle but it has left and we have sunshine got motivated to bring out the shop vac and get the cobwebs down in my coops, now if I could just get motivated to do my own coop.
hmm.png
Better get started before the motivation disappears.

I can just imagine what it looked like when you opened that door lol I see it on many a morning.
I'm glad you got to see some sunshine. I need to get out there and get the coop cleaned before winter. I can't get motivated tho. It seems like the older I get the less motivated I am.

I bet you see the shoppers busting down the door on most mornings.
wink.png
It's nice to see everyone excited to see you.

Patty

Back
Top Bottom