baby duck with lots of problems

We were under hawk attack a little while ago. I hear chickens bawking ducks quacking and I run out and Ozzie the dog is chasing a hawk across the yard. I hate hawks why don't they get some mice or something and leave the birds alone. I checked everyone out and they all seem to be accounted for and I don't see any injuries. Bee Bee and Skiddles were hiding in a bush out front screaming when I went out there. Bubba the roo was out back with the other girls screaming hawk. Poor Bubba he can't be two places at once but he was needed in the front yard too. I told Ozzie he was good dog for chasing the hawk and he'll be getting a little steak come payday.
big_smile.png
The wild birds are back in the yard and that's a good sign the hawk has left the area.

I think i will bring Que Sera in for a little visit. I have to mop anyway so that's a good excuse for bringing her in. I'll get Robbie to help me catch her. Hopefully she won't have her cheeta moves today.

Have a great day all and I'm going to enjoy this beautiful day.

Patty

I had the top off the baby chick's cage, and it's in my bedroom because our dog thinks they look tasty, and when I came in to check on them they were in my bed sleeping! There was poop on the floor so I know they checked out the whole room. Boy did I have a mess to clean up. They're just too cute to be mad at though so I laid out a towel on my bed and laid there reading a book with them cuddle up together. They're getting so big. They've lost almost all the little fuzzy down, I think they're 4-6 weeks, I'm not sure they didn't say when we bought them. So far more none have red combs, that's good right? Cause even though I want a rooster no one else does and we'd have to get rid of it

We were under hawk attack a little while ago.  I hear chickens bawking ducks quacking and I run out and Ozzie the dog is chasing a hawk across the yard.  I hate hawks why don't they get some mice or something and leave  the birds alone.  I checked everyone out and they all seem to be accounted for and I don't see any injuries.  Bee Bee and Skiddles were hiding in a bush out front screaming when I went out there.  Bubba the roo was out back with the other girls screaming hawk.  Poor Bubba he can't be two places at once but he was needed in the front  yard too.  I told Ozzie he was good dog for chasing the hawk and he'll be getting a little steak come payday.  :D  The wild birds are back in the yard and that's a good sign the hawk has left the area.  

I think i will bring Que Sera in for a little visit.  I have to mop anyway so that's a good excuse for bringing her in.  I'll get Robbie to help me catch her.  Hopefully she won't have her cheeta moves today.  

Patty

Oh my! Good for Ozzie! Thank goodness no one was hurt and everyone accounted for. Hawks are my worst nightmare when it comes to my birds, them and all the other birds of prey. Scares me the most knowing about all the hawks in the area, and the fact that the tried even with us in the yard last year. It's almost that time where they'll be getting active again soon here. Which is why I want a roo! I know they're not full proof protection but it'd ease my mind.

Hopefully you get Que Sera to come in today! If you catch her post pics please

Me and Que Sera. She's very photogenic but I'm not. She is standing on her towel behind me here talking up a storm.

Patty

We were under hawk attack a little while ago. I hear chickens bawking ducks quacking and I run out and Ozzie the dog is chasing a hawk across the yard. I hate hawks why don't they get some mice or something and leave the birds alone. I checked everyone out and they all seem to be accounted for and I don't see any injuries. Bee Bee and Skiddles were hiding in a bush out front screaming when I went out there. Bubba the roo was out back with the other girls screaming hawk. Poor Bubba he can't be two places at once but he was needed in the front yard too. I told Ozzie he was good dog for chasing the hawk and he'll be getting a little steak come payday.
big_smile.png
The wild birds are back in the yard and that's a good sign the hawk has left the area.

I think i will bring Que Sera in for a little visit. I have to mop anyway so that's a good excuse for bringing her in. I'll get Robbie to help me catch her. Hopefully she won't have her cheeta moves today.

Patty
Very scary Patty thankfully those rooster give the warning . Glad everyone was accounted for and none harmed..

I went out to get pizza out of the freezer and one of my ducks was looking up making a small warning call so I looked up and flying up along the river was a Bald Eagle. We don't see them that often and even though a pred it was an awesome sight and down along the river not up here. Much better.

I had the top off the baby chick's cage, and it's in my bedroom because our dog thinks they look tasty, and when I came in to check on them they were in my bed sleeping! There was poop on the floor so I know they checked out the whole room. Boy did I have a mess to clean up. They're just too cute to be mad at though so I laid out a towel on my bed and laid there reading a book with them cuddle up together. They're getting so big. They've lost almost all the little fuzzy down, I think they're 4-6 weeks, I'm not sure they didn't say when we bought them. So far more none have red combs, that's good right? Cause even though I want a rooster no one else does and we'd have to get rid of it
The little stinkers getting out of their cage. Of course they prefer the bed to the floor anyday. I think the roos always have the bigger combs so that is a good thing that they don't. You'll have to take some pics of the chicks when you get a chance I know their getting big.

Patty

Very scary Patty thankfully those rooster give the warning . Glad everyone was accounted for and none harmed..

I went out to get pizza out of the freezer and one of my ducks was looking up making a small warning call so I looked up and flying up along the river was a Bald Eagle. We don't see them that often and even though a pred it was an awesome sight and down along the river not up here. Much better.
I bet it was pretty. I've never seen one except at the zoo when they had the bird of prey shows.

Patty

What sweet pics Patty, love them.
Once you catch her she loves to be held and cuddled and kissed it's just catching her that's the hard part. I put her in the tub and she had a blast. I threw some corn in and she dove down to eat the corn. She saw Princess in the mirror in the bathroom and she just starred at her like where have you been. She even took a short nap behind me here on a towel. I really enjoyed having her inside and now I have to sweep and mop.
wink.png

Patty

Back
Top Bottom