baby duck with lots of problems

I'm going to get some of the whole kernal corn for the chickens and ducks. We always buy the scratch to mix in with their layer food. I've never given them the dog food before but if it will put on some weight for the winter I will try that too.

I was looking out the window here in the kitchen and I just saw Que Sera chest butt Goldie and almost pushed her down. Goldie is a little bantam cochan and she was eatting something off the ground and Que Sera run into her on purpose. I've never known her to be mean in her life. She must be having a bad day.

Patty
Hey Patty!

We give ours corn in the cold weather, though they usually won't touch it. Probably because they're not used to it.

Some of the higher-end breeders say you can mix in cat kibble, but what @Miss Lydia recommends is probably just as good if not better. The food she mentioned looks good. It's not really about whether it says dog or cat; it's about what's in the food. You'd be surprised how similar they are in the very cheap foods if you examine the dog/cat food labels.

I am moving in. I love that your birds are funny about it because it shows their personalities. Yet you worked so hard. I do hope they come around.

Come on Julie I have 1 stall available and it's the big one on the left I'll even do room service
wink.png

I had to laugh Que Sera throwing her weight around. My ducks will push the chickens around too. lil stinkers.

I've seen the male ducks put their heads to the ground and kind of scare off the chickens but this was a chest butt to the back of Goldie. Goldie is our smallest chicken we have I guess Que Sera was just pushing her weight around.

Patty

Okay here is the redo of one of my duck houses. The girls are not impressed I don't think they like the colors..

Well you tell the girls that lavendar is the in color now. I think it's lovely. They will just have to get over it.
big_smile.png
You did a great job with the painting.

Patty

Hey Patty!

We give ours corn in the cold weather, though they usually won't touch it. Probably because they're not used to it.

Some of the higher-end breeders say you can mix in cat kibble, but what @Miss Lydia recommends is probably just as good if not better. The food she mentioned looks good. It's not really about whether it says dog or cat; it's about what's in the food. You'd be surprised how similar they are in the very cheap foods if you examine the dog/cat food labels.
I gave them some kibbles and bits beefy bites last night. The bowls were empty this morning so I think they liked it. I'll have to get them some lamb and rice when I go to the store. Mine prefer the scratch and leave the layer for the last. I hope they like the corn kernels I know it's better for them then the scratch.

Patty

Back
Top Bottom