Back Again! it's been a while... again.

Clucknut

Songster
12 Years
Mar 6, 2011
Thought I should start here, since I haven't posted in a couple years. (Has it been that long?
roll.png
)

Happy Easter weekend, everyone!
And what's Easter without bunnies?...
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

Here's the mamma, chowing down with her month-old, Florida White/Havana mix kits.

And chicks, of course...
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Leghorn pullets to integrate (Peacefully, I hope.) in to a small flock of RIRs.
Just picked them up Wednesday at TS. Any guesses at their age? Obviously, not day-olds.
Thanks!

:welcome Welcome back to BYC!!! :celebrate
What handsome rabbits you have! How many more do you have or just 7 I see in the photo? :D
On your chicks, they're roughly 2 weeks old. Congratulations!!! :clap TSC is great with over-aged chicks that are deemed undesirable and they usually give you a good bargain! ;)
:jumpy Happy Easter, :jumpy
~Sarah

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome back to BYC!!!
celebrate.gif

What handsome rabbits you have! How many more do you have or just 7 I see in the photo?
big_smile.png

On your chicks, they're roughly 2 weeks old. Congratulations!!!
clap.gif
TSC is great with over-aged chicks that are deemed undesirable and they usually give you a good bargain!
wink.png

jumpy.gif
Happy Easter,
jumpy.gif

~Sarah
Thanks, both!

"Undesirable"? I was thinking, overstock for TC = less time and work and worry for me.
They're not your cute little puff-ball Easter peeps. That's for sure.
They had those too. I went for the scruffy-stage ones that have survived peephood.
wink.png

These will be my fist Leghorns. I've usually kept dual-purpose breeds.

I started with rabbits a few years ago, thinking I was going to get out of chickens.. Yeah,right.
lau.gif

I think the most I've had at one time was in the low 20s. Breeding stock and young.
Right now, I have 2 breeding pairs and 8 young. For a while, along with these compact breeds, I was raising Silver Fox rabbits.
They were great, but too big and too hairy to keep in my attached garage.
Eventually, the buns will be moving out the the back yard by the chickens.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Your bunnies are beautiful. I think it makes sense to get chicks that are older, as you pointed out survived the early days, and post hatch problems.

Both genders of white leghorns tend to grow large combs that can throw off your decision making. If you think you will need assistance just post photos at "what breed or gender is this." 6-8 weeks if a good time. You may also want to follow that forum because -it teaches that to look for etc. in many breeds.

Back
Top Bottom