Bad Prolapse, Advice Needed

Keep the area clean, apply Prep-H and
fl.gif

It looks like a scab is forming on one side. Will she heal?
She strains to push it back out when I push it back. I have not fed her much at all. I gave her no food yesterday and just a little today.

Last edited:
She laid another egg today!
barnie.gif
I have hardly gave her any food and she is isolated in a darkened area. I am frusrated and she definately has a scab that covers almost half the prolapse. When I try to push it back ( and I am being gentle) she strains against me. Poor girl. This is the 4th day.

She laid another egg today!
barnie.gif
I have hardly gave her any food and she is isolated in a darkened area. I am frusrated and she definately has a scab that covers almost half the prolapse. When I try to push it back ( and I am being gentle) she strains against me. Poor girl. This is the 4th day.
My duck did the same thing, laid at least four eggs. But she did heal. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
She has scabbing pretty badly. She strains against me after I clean. I just hold it there for awhile ( she usually poops), clean it again, apply honey and gently try to ease it back. After straining a few times, she usually holds it in. I did trim all the feathers today, I should have done that earlier. I am mostly using honey and antibacterial cream. I'm worried because under the vent area seems reddened and swollen. When I felt it, she protested. I hope she is not developing an infection. I am giving her Teramycin, but have no clue if that will work for that kind of infection.

This morning I called her "Honey Butt" without thinking. If she makes it, that will be her name, lol.

Back
Top Bottom