Baking Yeast vs Brewer's Yeast Fermented Chicken Feed

Aquira

Crowing
Jul 14, 2020
Does anyone know if I can use baking yeast for fermenting chicken feed? Or do I need to use a different type of yeast?

Does anyone know if I can use baking yeast for fermenting chicken feed? Or do I need to use a different type of yeast?
You don’t need to add any yeast to chicken feed to ferment it. The bacteria that’s already on the grain will do it’s job and ferment the feed. Just cover it in water, put a lid on it, and wait until it starts smelling tangy.

You don’t need to add any yeast to chicken feed to ferment it. The bacteria that’s already on the grain will do it’s job and ferment the feed. Just cover it in water, put a lid on it, and wait until it starts smelling tangy.
Ah okay, I saw somewhere to put yeast in it
Thanks for letting me know!

Yes, what the other poster said. Just put the feed in a big jar or bucket and cover it with water. Stir it a couple times a days and in about 2 or 3 days it will be fermented. Make sure to have a little bit of water on top. Use either distilled water or well water not chlorinated water.

Back
Top Bottom