Banny Hen, What Variety?

mmm.. She doesn't really seem to have the nankin look to me, I believe shes a ginger red OEGB (hatchery quality) or... a badly colored black tailed buff.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure she is a Nankin myself. The guy I bought her from deals in purebred and unusual chicken varieties. He's deep in Mississippi and he has a lot of breeds not so easily found at hatcheries.

I believe she's a rose comb, but I'm still learning about that stuff.

I guess OEG is a possibility too.

Her personality is very quirky. She'll fly from her perch to your lap, she talks to people, and she bumps chests with the other hens in an act of defiance, but she's the smallest egg-laying hen I've ever seen weighing in at less than a pound.

Also, it does not look like she has a RC in those pictures
idunno.gif
It looks like a Single Comb.

you know what?... She does appear to have a single comb, and another thing i just noticed is she has White legs while Nankins have blue. So.. her personality.. , buff with black tail, Light legs (white colored), Single comb, She'd be a Black tailed buff old english game..

And she can still come from the guy with unusual chicken varieties as not many black tailed buffs are seen... honestly not many buffs are seen except from a few people. (White tailed buffs have to be my favorite though..)

Last edited:
Quote:
she's buff lol, Red pyles are white with red in the neck and breast.

Woops! Sorry.
I meant to say that she was a lightly colored Ginger Red.

Back
Top Bottom