Indianrunner123

Songster
5 Years
Feb 24, 2018
I own a Brinsea octagon incubator and was wondering if you can put bantam eggs and duck eggs into it at the same time? Will the humidity and whatever else be ok or will this not work out? Many thanks for you help

I own a Brinsea octagon incubator and was wondering if you can put bantam eggs and duck eggs into it at the same time? Will the humidity and whatever else be ok or will this not work out? Many thanks for you help
Humidity should be pretty much the same. Ducks use a little more; chickens use a little less, but I've incubated duck eggs under hens and hen eggs under ducks, with decent results, so it can work either way.

The important thing to know is that duck eggs take twenty-eight days and chicken eggs take twenty-one. Ducks start making holes in their shells on day twenty-six, chicks sometimes as early as day nineteen, but usually day twenty.

So you'd need to put your duck eggs into the 'bator about a week earlier than the chicken eggs. I would do six days earlier than the chicken eggs, that way you can raise the lockdown humidity on day 25 for the duck eggs which should be simultaneous with 19 for the chicken eggs.

Back
Top Bottom