bantam chickens

ErinRoo

Hatching
12 Years
May 29, 2007
Massachusetts
i just recently, gained 8 bantam chickens (fully grown) and know 15 chicks.. (just hatched) with about 10 more eggs on the way.. aiy yie yie...

well i was just wondering if anyone had any specific tidbits of information for me on bantams, their behaviors, what to expect from the chicks, and what i can do to raise the friendliest bantams around!

thank you!

I really wish I knew. I have 5 bantam hens. I held them way more than the standard hens when they were chicks and they won't even eat from my hand now. Even when eveyone else is. They are funny and don't cause to much trouble. They do have attitude and one of them is the # 2 hen in the coop. They really are quite comical.

I have two bantam roosters, both of which are very friendly with me, and very UNfriendly with most other people.
I am fairly certain it all has to do with how much attention they are given when they are young.
I was the one who spent time every single day with them, hand fed them, and sat outside with them as they roamed the backyard.
If you devote enough time, your banties should be very friendly chickens. Good luck!!
I love mine.

I have a D'Anvers Bearded and the other is a breed I have yet to decipher.
roll.png
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom