Bantam Cornish, anyone?

(Where did you come by your cornish)

I got my Cornish from from an old guy selling out. They are really nice bantams as far as the Cornish bantams go. The old guy said he had them for years. They are pretty plump Cornish. Great eating. Also got some really pretty Barred Rock Bantams. They got crossed once and made a few really good dinner birds.

I recently got the Cornish bantam assortment from Ideal, 25 birds at just over $1 each. They all made the trip ok and seem healthy. There seems to be 3 maybe 4 color variations in the group. We will see how they turn out.

They don't eat much more. If you free range you can easily limit their food by just putting some food in the pen an hour before they roost. Give them enough to last until you let them out in the morning. The Cornish rocks (Tyson Chickens) eat ALOT and will cripple them selves if you let them. The Amish down the road feed them a handful in the morning and evening and they develop fully and do not cripple. But the dark or white laced reds develop and eat just fine with full feed or free range.

I recently got the Cornish bantam assortment from Ideal, 25 birds at just over $1 each. They all made the trip ok and seem healthy. There seems to be 3 maybe 4 color variations in the group. We will see how they turn out.
I've. Been thinking real hard on it. If I KNEW I would get some WHITE ones I'd. Do it in a heartbeat

Has anyone had a bantam Cornish rooster mate with a Large Fowl hen like maybe a RIR or Barred Rock, and if so, what where the offspring like as far as size and body build? If not, does anyone know what will result from a mating of a bantam rooster to a LF hen?

I have a question, I just ordered some bantam Cornish chicks from my local feed store. They came from Ideal hatchery. Could any look at the photos and tell me if I for sure have received 8 bantam Cornish chicks? I got 12 all together and the Cornish were supposedly marked on their heads. .....well I tried to upload a photo and it is not working.

Last edited:
I have a question, I just ordered some bantam Cornish chicks from my local feed store. They came from Ideal hatchery. Could any look at the photos and tell me if I for sure have received 8 bantam Cornish chicks? I got 12 all together and the Cornish were supposedly marked on their heads. .....well I tried to upload a photo and it is not working.

When you get it downloaded we'll do our best. If I can't someone else on here should be able to.

Back
Top Bottom