Bantam Cornish, anyone?

glad this one got revived a little.

I posted these in the WLR forum already, but everyone likes pics and its raining here so...

we recently got these on craigslist. adult trio, setting on some eggs. they gave us the eggs, all hatched 8 chicks. we now have barnyard quality cornish bantams. but like em, like their attitudes so far.

67513_img00081-20110630-1817.jpg

67513_p1030243.jpg

67513_p1030236.jpg

67513_p1030252.jpg

67513_p1030247.jpg

67513_p1030253.jpg

I agree, little bulldog in feathers, I like that. glad the bantam cornish has a following.

and yes, had a talk with my buddy about feeding the ground too much corn...but feel free to jab
wink.png

pop.gif

We are in LOVE with this breed. We raise silkies and have a few 'yard' birds.

Once our well loved yard birds grow old we plan on getting maybe half a dozen of these beauties!

I fell in absolute LOVE with a lovely blue hen at a show this spring. She was from a breeder in Miami. Stunning.

We would love to get a few blues and maybe some buffs if we can.

Would like to learn more about their temperament overall.

Some people have said that they were aggressive??? And others have said that they were passive??

Are the different lines similar in temperament? Colors? I know with the silkies the different lines and colors have a serious temperament difference.

Looking forward to owning some of these!

~Darling Farms

This our 1yr old banty hen 'Big Brown'. She IS built like a little bulldog and is not aggressive at all....and she is a good layer. She lives happily with my two other banty hens, a polish/silkie cross and a OEGB. I really like her but I am still thinking of rehoming her to make room for a couple different breeds.

6219_img_1136.jpg

6219_img_1137.jpg

I was gone all day yesterday. Before I left I threw some orange slices into the hens. When I got home and did choirs this little lady looked like she was dressed up for a night out, with nicklace and all.
lol.png

e6t6yr.jpg

Jusy got my frist bantam cornish . they are dark cornish bantams . i'm so happy been trying to find some nice ones for a year now . finally got some from a fellow BYCer on here . can't wait for them to grow out so i can breed and show them .
celebrate.gif

I'm thinking of ordering some dark cornish bantams from a hatchery, I'm not really interested in showing. Just to raise some. I was wondering if anybody has any experiance with freeranging them, thats how I would be keeping them. Do they do well?

We love these little guys and they do make a nice little roasting chicken and the bantams mature out a lot faster than the standards Our kids enjoy them very much.

They I would say that they are calm little birds and they tame down very easy.

Check out our cornish at www.acahadypoultry.com

Back
Top Bottom