Bantam Duck Page

Quote:
I use permenant marker but it also washes off when they swim.

I missed the reason for this question. Why do you want to COLOR them? For ID reasons I assume?

If so, just use colored zip ties, or even colored leg bands, one leg male , the other side female, and different colors for different lines.

They are cheap , easy and dont wash off, LOL

If it's for some other reason, well Like I said, I missed the original subject.

We used sharpies to mark the whites prior to new elastic leg bands arriving. Males all get blue, girls get pink. When sold we add a second color to both to ID as a pair or trio.

Shellie

Quote:
VERY nice-especially Millie. She a real beauty.
Are you planning on showing her?

OMG really? You think she is that nice? I got her for like 5$ at my local poultry swap! Lol wow I mean I knew she looked nice but I never thought about showing her what about the others Pip and Angel you think they are just pet or breeder quality? You made my day just by asking lol ummmm but no I don’t show I just breed to make more cute lil calls. Thanks though I am going to tell my dad right now that someone else besides me thinks she is a pretty nice call and that it is not just all in my head lol.

Quote:
VERY nice-especially Millie. She a real beauty.
Are you planning on showing her?

OMG really? You think she is that nice? I got her for like 5$ at my local poultry swap! Lol wow I mean I knew she looked nice but I never thought about showing her what about the others Pip and Angel you think they are just pet or breeder quality? You made my day just by asking lol ummmm but no I don’t show I just breed to make more cute lil calls. Thanks though I am going to tell my dad right now that someone else besides me thinks she is a pretty nice call and that it is not just all in my head lol.

They're all adorable, but Angel has the same problem several of my White hens have-the black spots on the bill. The judges can possibly disqualify for that(or just consider it a flaw). She's a real cutie!
Pip has nice color, his bill is just a tad long, but he looks to have a nice fat head and neck.
Millie...
love.gif
Beautiful little typey bird.
smile.png

Thanks guys you made my day. I don't know why I'm so happy to here that my Millie is pretty nice, even though I am not going to show her, but I just can't help but smile every time I see her now. But I understand about Pips bill being a lil to long, it is a lot sorter then what my privies call drakes bill was but still not right I just can't seem to find a nice enough drake around here. Now about Angel are those lil black spots on her bill hortatory? When I got her she was still pretty young and didn't have those spots, but as soon as she started to lay and went broody they showed up big time. Oh and I don't know if you can tell but Angel has angel wing (hence her name) she had it when I bought her (she was so cute I bought her anyway) and I couldn't fix it, does this disqualify a bird at show?

Quote:

They're all adorable, but Angel has the same problem several of my White hens have-the black spots on the bill. The judges can possibly disqualify for that(or just consider it a flaw). She's a real cutie!
Pip has nice color, his bill is just a tad long, but he looks to have a nice fat head and neck.
Millie...
love.gif
Beautiful little typey bird.
smile.png

A judge should never DQ a white female for black spots on the bill. It is only a few points cut. Males with black in the bill will be DQ'd however.

Walt

Quote:
The black spots in the bill are a sign of fertility. Most White hens get them after they start laying.
And yes, some judges DO consider the black on the bill a flaw in showing. Had it happen at the last show I went to.

Back
Top Bottom