Bantam Ducks - Where can I get them?

My calls are not all that loud, but when they want to talk they can be quite the little megaphones! The quietest calls are males, but if you have a lot of males to only a few females your females have the possibility to get seriously injured.

Are they all loud or is there a quieter call ducks. I live in a small town I have 2 runners.

Generally speaking, female call ducks can be loud and chatty, but it can vary from individuals. We have some girls that aren't very loud nor chatty, but many others that are loud. The males are gorgeous and quiet, can only hear them a few feet away. They have the classic male raspy whisper quack. We have 20 different color varieties of call ducks and have had them almost 30 years. I can't say that there is a particular color that is quieter than the others.

Call ducks are living duck calls so they are bred to be loud, lol. Hunters would take a hen to a lake in a cage and let her call in the wild ducks in the area. They can definately make some noise but only hens quack so drakes are the only "quiet" choice when it comes to ducks. The Calls are the loudest of the bantams so that is something to keep in mind if noise is an issue. The Calls seem to be more excitable to me but that could be personality specific as opposed to breed specific.

thank you all for your reply's. I should have been clearer I wanted to know since there were all these different variety bantam ducks. I was asking if all breeds were loud. .

thank you all for your reply's. I should have been clearer I wanted to know since there were all these different variety bantam ducks. I was asking if all breeds were loud. .

Our black east indies and miniature silver appleyards are much quieter than our call ducks and mallards. All four breeds are bantam ducks.

I have calls, silkie ducks, and mini anconas (last two are bantams). The calls and mini anconas are extremely loud. The silkie ducks can be but are more on the timid side so not noisy as often

What does a silkie duck look like?

Young homozygous silkie. Not yet through first adult molt

year old homozygous silkie drake

Young heterozygous silkie drake

heterozygous and homozygous 2-3 year old drakes and hens

The are found mainly in black, white, grey, pastel, blue fawn and snowy.
I have started my own project of black and blue pied and ancona patterned silkie ducks for fun :)

Back
Top Bottom