Bantam Sitting on Standard Eggs

Whirlwind

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
Tuttle, Oklahoma
Hi Everyone I am new to this forum. I am not sure if I am doing this right? '
I have a little Bantam hen Silver Belle, she is a silver pencil Wyandotte. I think. My husband got her at a local flea market to bait a trap with. Ha thats a whole other story. Anyway she started sitting in one of my nest boxes one evening. I thought crazy chick its to late to lay and egg. The next morning she was still there and would not get up. I thought she was sick or hurt. Tried to peck me and screaching at me. Well one egg under her. Finally hit me aha missy is broody. Well no roo's so non fertile egg. Took it away from her. Picked her up and set her off nest. An hour later back on nest. 2 days later still on nest. I went to local flea market yesterday to look for eggs. Found 8 chicken eggs laid at flea market that morning. Dont know if that is too many. Brought them home and fixed her up a nest box and put it in live trap for booder box. Ha no more trapping a nice side effect. Anyway put her in with new nest in new box. Thought I had made a new mistake but after about 30 min of freaking out she climbed in the nest and is still there this morning. Yea I hope this works. Hope some eggs are fertile. Its gonna be a long 21 day. Thanks every one all the advice I have read so far is great. Cindy

Back
Top Bottom