Bantam Sized Egg Boxes

TheBantamBox

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2015
Hi Bantam keepers

I am new to BYC and I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kim and I am a keeper of Pekins. Over the last few months I have been designing a Bantam sized egg box to snugly fit our Bantam eggs rather than them rattling around in standard boxes. I am hoping to sell the boxes online and would be interested in peoples thoughts on this product?

Welcome to BYC!

That is an awesome invention! I bet a lot of people who use them, as more and more people in cities and suburbs are keeping bantams for eggs and of course there is shipping hatching eggs.

Best of luck with your plans!
thumbsup.gif

Yes my Bantams lay eggs between 30g-42g which I believe is the upper weight limit for a Bantam egg certainly for show purposes anyway so I have read.

I don't show my eggs or chickens they are for petting by myself and two children! Along with the 9 rabbits, 4 guinea pigs and the dog
big_smile.png

The box has been designed to accommodate these weights of egg therefore stopping them from rattling around in the cells! The very small eggs will still move a bit as ideally you would have 3 boxes to fit small medium and large within those weights but that would of cost a fortune to make! The box is super cute and looks lovely compared to a standard box!
smile.png
It even feels nice as it is good quality.

Wow thank you for your positive comments I must admit I am super excited about my little boxes.
yippiechickie.gif

My website for buying them is under construction www.thebantambox.co.uk people can register their interest so that when I get my delivery I can contact them to say they are available. Here is some basic photos of my prototype so that you can get an idea what they look like compared to a standard box. I went for good quality boxes they are nice and sturdy and in a neutral colour to start. I will also be looking to sell labels that people can customise to put on their boxes
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom