Bantam special - what breeds are these chicks?

PowellAnimals

Chirping
Jul 2, 2015
Muncy, Pennsylvania
I just received 25 chicks from Ideal's bantam special and boy are they loud!
It looks like I have 5-6 breeds and some of them I can tell but a few of the body types I am not familiar with. Can anyone tell me what the below three chicks could be? I have several that looks like these but are different colors.

Chick 1:

Chick 2:

Chick 3:

Last edited:
Hmm, it's kind of hard to tell when they are so young, maybe if you waited until they were a little older and they have some grown up feathers coming in, that would be better for us. :D

Hmm, it's kind of hard to tell when they are so young, maybe if you waited until they were a little older and they have some grown up feathers coming in, that would be better for us.
big_smile.png

I agree, although the top chick looks like a Cochin bantam.

Hmm, it's kind of hard to tell when they are so young, maybe if you waited until they were a little older and they have some grown up feathers coming in, that would be better for us. :D

I agree, although the top chick looks like a Cochin bantam.

Agreed, I just took a look at the second chick, I'm not a 100% sure, but it kinda looks like you got a white silkie there. :)

I just ordered Ideals feathered leg bantams, and have another order coming in next week of just cochin bantams so I will compare mine to yours and see if I can help. The only think I am sure of with yours is I did not see any silkies in your pic's or in the ones I got yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom