Bantams available for free in OHIO

GitaBooks

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 23, 2015
USA
Because of space and financial reasons, we have had to cut back on the number of chickens we have from 60 to 40 or so. We have found some wonderful homes for many of our chickens but still have a few available.

Acorn and Diamond are a rooster and hen pair of pure-bred bantams. Acorn is a Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantam rooster and Diamond is a Silver Sebright hen. I am working on a specific breed of bantams at the time and this is the only reason I am unable to keep Acorn, as his breed will only mix with the others and mess up the gene-pool. However, even though he is shy and doesn't like being held, he is a sweet little guy who is low on the pecking order and I would love to find a home for him where he is one of the only roosters and finally gets a chance not to be bullied.
Acorn is around 2 years old and was one of my original first chickens. He was raised with standard chickens and bantams and gets along with both and is a wonderful forager. His comb is small because of winter frost-bite, but other then that he is healthy and handsome. I want him to go to a great forever home and because he is one of my first I'm not willing to just send him the stew pot.

Acorn

Diamond is only a few months old and the reason I have to find her a new home is because of a crooked beak. It does not affect her health, foraging or feeding in the least, but I cannot risk having it passed on to any of her chicks. She is skittish because she was raised by our silkie instead of hand-raised, but she is healthy and very beautiful and is just reaching egg laying age. Sebrights are relatively good layers for being bantams and lay relatively large eggs for their size. She is from McMurray hatchery.

The Twilight brothers
Twilight and his brother Dusk don't have to be rehomed together. They do, however, get along at our place and so if you want two roosters they are a good choice. They are a mix of Silver Duckwing OEGB and Golden Sebright and are both around 6 months of age. While not aggressive, they prefer to have their space and not be handled. If respected, they respect you as well and also love to come running for treats and follow you around.

If you want one then you can specify which caught you attention, they do not have to find homes together. We are willing to drop them off anywhere with-in two hours from us (we are near Marysville north of Columbus in Ohio). We are also willing to meet half way.

Thank you for considering. Please let me know if you are interested.
smile.png

The two are difficult to tell apart, however, one has more yellow/cream on his feathers then the other. The one with more cream I believe to be Dusk, as Dusk was the largest and "eldest" since they were just chicks. They have rose combs and cool spangling on their chests, which lets you tell them apart from Acorn above, who has a similar pattern and color.

I don't know if it makes a difference but I am just getting started I have Road island red chickens 9 hens 1 rooster I got them from someone I don't think there purebread and don't care really.If you don't mind I would be interested in anything you won't to send but I live in Harrison Arkansas thank you Rick my phone # in case you do 870-577-2478

I don't know if it makes a difference but I am just getting started I have Road island red chickens 9 hens 1 rooster I got them from someone I don't think there purebread and don't care really.If you don't mind I would be interested in anything you won't to send but I live in Harrison Arkansas thank you Rick my phone # in case you do 870-577-2478

Congrats on your flock!

Sorry, we can't ship our birds (the cost, the danger to the birds, legality stuff with the bird flu, ect), but I hope your flock continues to do well.
smile.png

I'm interested in that silver sebright you have a picture and any other sebrights you may have

Are you from Ohio? I'm sorry that I can't ship them, but its too difficult and expensive to send live birds without the proper packaging and permits.

Diamond (the female) is still available but the two Twilights had to be butchered today.
sad.png
Too many roosters. We still have Acorn if anyone is interested, I'm not willing to butcher him. I didn't want to have to do it to my other boys either, but the poor hens were getting over-whelmed.

where at in ohio? im very interested

We are near Marysville, north of Columbus. We're willing to drive 2 hours, including if meeting half-way.

I would be so happy to find them a good home. I feel bad for the boys I got rid of, but it would be great to be able to find Acorn and Diamond a place to stay.

Let me know through PM if you can take them. : )

im located in toledo ohio i haven't started my flock yet i have to wait about a month till my local store starts selling chicks im out in the country on a farm with an old chicken coop in the back i can send pictures so you know what kind of place you're sending him to but i think acorn might be a good fit

Back
Top Bottom