Bantams with feathered feet

so more updates on the bantys... the tiny jap btw died sadly, but something seemed to be amiss it was not growing or feathering out, so just as well, and the partridge colored one is shaped different than the rest, like her wings are longer and more substanctial(mispelled) than the others, wondering if she might be something else besides cochin, and the black one is getting curly feathers on it's wings, kinda a strange looking fellow, they are almost 4 weeks now, and i have only lost one out of all the chicks i bought, including the ten ameraucana chicks. i bought extra, because your "suppose" to lose some..........guess there's still time..........what is the average percentage of chick loss again? more pics later, when they get more feathered they are at the ugly teen phase right now lol by the way the one is mottled for sure it is soooo pretty!!( will post more pics when i get hubby to do it i am tech impaired lol)
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
watch for pasty butts...the one that everyone is saying is partridge looks like it has poo stuck to its vent if not cleared that can also kill them... if the black is getting curly feathers it could be a frizzle.

Quote:
watch for pasty butts...the one that everyone is saying is partridge looks like it has poo stuck to its vent if not cleared that can also kill them... if the black is getting curly feathers it could be a frizzle.

yep, thanks to this site i have learned alot about chickens, and i kept their little bottoms cleaned with a wet q tip, the one in question is now fine and no one currently is pasty butted, sadly i think thats why i lost some of my first chickens, i went into it unarmed with knowledge and my only source for advice was daughter's ag teach, he said dont worry about it, they will be fine, no need to clean them, but i have learned he knows more about cows than chickens and my current batch is doing great, almost 4 weeks only lost one out of 16, ya live ya learn i guess, thanks again everyone for advice

this is pic of curly feathered one any guesses?
108814_hni_0050.jpg

another of curly
108814_hni_0051.jpg

partridge colored one
108814_hni_0053.jpg

shot of her largerish wings
108814_hni_0055.jpg

Quote:
the other "cochin bantams" have very short, puny wings compared to hers thats why i wondered if she was something else, i also thought curly was a boy, thx

Back
Top Bottom