Bantams with the standard size chickens

spies04

Songster
11 Years
May 28, 2011
Minnesota
My flock has slowly decreased and I am looking to get some babies this year. I was considering getting some bantams but was not sure how the would fit in with the other standard size ladies? I have one RR bantam now that I got in a group of other chickens on accident. And let me tell you, she holds her own & the ladies can be afraid of her when she is in a mood. Just wanted to see what others experienced?

I have a rooster now - Rhode Island Red - but he is very old and is basically bossed around by everyone else in the house so I am not concerned with him.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My flock has slowly decreased and I am looking to get some babies this year. I was considering getting some bantams but was not sure how the would fit in with the other standard size ladies? I have one RR bantam now that I got in a group of other chickens on accident. And let me tell you, she holds her own & the ladies can be afraid of her when she is in a mood. Just wanted to see what others experienced?

I have a rooster now - Rhode Island Red - but he is very old and is basically bossed around by everyone else in the house so I am not concerned with him.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I think they will be fine!! I have about 20 bantam ladfies running around with my big girls and they are PERFECT!! Some of them are even right at the top of the pecking order!!!

Thank you!! I was hoping that would be the answer.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom