Bared Rock Pullet wasting away, Please Help,

juliachick

Songster
10 Years
Mar 18, 2009
(Northeastern PA)
I have many curious two month old pullets living in our barn/shed currently. One of our barred rocks has been wasting away, growing slimmer ever day. She is plenty interested food and seems to be drinking fine. I cannot feel her gizzard so she isn't stuck there. She is constantly having an overload of saliva in her mouth. Today i brought her inside and as i was checking her out a wood chick came out her mouth. She may have an obstruction, but once again i cannot feel anything. She also seems to have a problem with her eyes. She rarely opens both (eyes) at the same time and only in slits. I really hope y'all can help, because i hate to see her suffering. We may have to put her down tomorrow.

If she doesnt look like she is in pain, dont put her down.
I would give her fats. Like bacon grease, lard, and other things.
i know im not much help, but i hope i am some, good luck!

I am sorry I am no help but hopefully someone with experience will soon step in and give you some good advice.
hugs.gif

I'm thankful for any advice. Just one thing. Could you give me something to back up your advice?
Its just an old trick I have used over the winters to fatten everybody up so they dont get too cold. I guess I dont have any backing up, but I do know they dont lose as much weight with it.
roll.png

Believe me i am totally willing to try anything.(well within reason that is) I actually think it is a great idea. Only problem is that most of what she eats comes back up in the clear, think saliva that keeps coming up.

Believe me i am totally willing to try anything.(well within reason that is) I actually think it is a great idea. Only problem is that most of what she eats comes back up in the clear, think saliva that keeps coming up.
hmm.png
I dont know what to do there, hopefully somebody who does will come along.
hugs.gif

I agree it sounds like some kind of blockage somewhere but I have no idea what to do about it. I suppose you have done a search here to look for a similiar problem someone else might have had?
hu.gif

Before I can give advice, I need to know the following:

• How much does she weigh?
  • How much does she eat/drink each day?

Back
Top Bottom