Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Hi Chad, your website only gives prices for eggs. Do you also ship chicks? Maybe I should just give in and buy an incubator. :)
I will be shipping chicks as well sorry for any inconvenience. I will do a full update on the site here very soon closer to spring. I will not ship anything currently due to the cold weather right now.

Best Regards
Chad

Hi everyone! I have a question for the thread in general. Is anyone working on a website for Barnevelder Breeders? My Grandson Ryan,( the little squirt in the picture but all grown up now), and I would like to offer a website if it hasn't been done. Don't want to step on anyones toes. We were thinking of a site to list all the breeders, and offer them each a page of their own to show their pictures and tell what they are doing or selling. I was thinking just America, but Ryan asked why not let it be world wide and then we would have a more educated understanding of where the breeders are and what they are doing. Maybe a page with Dr.Netland's explanation about the double lacing on the breasts of Roosters?
So what do you think? It will be not too expensive. And if those who want to list donated something around $20 or so it would probably not be much expense for anyone.
All suggestions gratefully received.
In joyous service to you,
Aya

I tried to get some good pics of my barnie flock. But none of them really wanted to cooperate. I kept getting blurry or "butt" pictures lol.

an "ok" pic of one of my favorite barnie pullets.

my cockerel was the only one I got somewhat decent pic of.

I'm going to set my first eggs of the year on this Friday. I'll be setting some Barnies, Blues and some F1 silver barnie project eggs for my friend.

Trisha

Arent they gorgeous!!!!
love.gif

I tried to get some good pics of my barnie flock. But none of them really wanted to cooperate. I kept getting blurry or "butt" pictures lol. an "ok" pic of one of my favorite barnie pullets. my cockerel was the only one I got somewhat decent pic of. I'm going to set my first eggs of the year on this Friday. I'll be setting some Barnies, Blues and some F1 silver barnie project eggs for my friend. Trisha
They are beautiful! Good Luck with thé incubation! :D

I was responding from a post in 2009. bluehen...

I have a decent flock of double laced but looking for someone to talk to about different things going on. Mainly what is your or their egg production like? Consistent laying or very seasonal. Looking for some ideas on breeding.

Rob

well, I am very new at this, but my barnevelders were the only ones of my 4 breeds that laid consistently over the winter. Go figure! but the downside of the line I have is the eggs are at best a medium brown. And are getting lighter as the "season" progresses.

edited to add: and my hens are not a year old yet...I think they are only about 7 months +?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom