Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

The page is great, Aya - thank you for your hard work! Re: Pysankigirl's comments - maybe you could add a field to the breeders list asking whether you sell or ship? That way people who breed but don't sell or ship could still be listed. It would be interesting to see how many people are breeding even if they aren't selling. :)

On another topic - does anyone have bantam's and standard Barnevelders housed together? Any problems with doing so? Thanks!

The page is great, Aya - thank you for your hard work! Re: Pysankigirl's comments - maybe you could add a field to the breeders list asking whether you sell or ship? That way people who breed but don't sell or ship could still be listed. It would be interesting to see how many people are breeding even if they aren't selling. :)

On another topic - does anyone have bantam's and standard Barnevelders housed together? Any problems with doing so? Thanks!
I don't run mine together. If it supposed to be bantam but too big to readily identify as such it is placed as a "layer" or freezer guest and if it is supposed to be LF but too small (one breeding set was problem) then it goes into a "layer" or freezer home.
Therefore, in the keepers, my bantams are obvious bantam and my LF are at least moderately hefty.

OK website pared down, Rooster replaced. What else? I am surprised no one wants to be listed? Is $20 too much. It cost me $250 to put it out there? I was just looking for a little help?
Aya

OK website pared down, Rooster replaced.  What else?  I am surprised no one wants to be listed?  Is $20 too much.  It cost me $250 to put it out there?  I was just looking for a little help?
Aya

Ill participate. I do appreciate you putting this together for the breeds advancment.
Im not selling any birds or chicks. But we should definitley have a main hub for the breeds benefit.

OK website pared down, Rooster replaced. What else? I am surprised no one wants to be listed? Is $20 too much. It cost me $250 to put it out there? I was just looking for a little help?
Aya
oh, gosh...of course I will give you money. didn't realize that was an issue!!! of course I will contribute!

Re:Website
If you contact me thru the last page, you can give me your info. You get a personal page which is yours to say anything you wish. If you sell eggs, say so. If you have chickens for sale, list that. Put in pictures of your flock, your prize winners if you have some. The blood lines are always interesting. If you are simply a novice having fun with the Barnevelder breed (as I am) list yourself as a hobbyist and show us some of your flock. The $$ is not a breaker, it was just a way of getting back some of which I spent.
Hope we can all be listed, because I suspect there are a lot of us out there loving our barnies. It would be fun to see who we are and where we are.
Aya

barnebelders-unite.com

I don't run mine together. If it supposed to be bantam but too big to readily identify as such it is placed as a "layer" or freezer guest and if it is supposed to be LF but too small (one breeding set was problem) then it goes into a "layer" or freezer home.
Therefore, in the keepers, my bantams are obvious bantam and my LF are at least moderately hefty.

Thank you for the feedback! I had been thinking about having them together except for breeding - then put specific pairs or trios together for breeding. It sounds like you keep your layers and your breeders separate all the time? That sounds like a better idea really, except for the part where I would need to build more coops and runs.

Aya

Okay I am posting this as a total outsider in breeding, but follower for over 2 years. I love the Barnie breed, but due to my current circumstance I will not proceed in breeding. I will not, in my, opinion do anything to help contribute to the breed, so for now they are just my lawn art. I do love them and of course loved the idea of their own page.

However, and this may make some mad at me but I feel I should say this, the website, while really nice, is based on one persons opinion. It addresses the lacing as a "Controversy" on the main page, which it is, but that should be left under the page for "Controversy" not on the main page. For a lot of breeds the main page is just the breed history, no opinion, no wishes or dreams, just facts. Also, there is nothing about their personality, egg laying abilities, egg color, broodiness, ect. all the things that make this breed so great.

Also, request to join seem more confrontational that inviting.

Finally, in all the post I saw I did not see a request for money to be part of the website. I was able to secure a domain and with a "wizard" create a website for $20 a year. I need to spend time to get it up to date, but $250 seems like an awful lot for website now days.

In summary, I thought the website was a good idea, but now I am not so sure. Again, this is just my personal opinion and we all know what those are.

Back
Top Bottom