Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Thank you to everyone that post information! I acquired 6 Barnevelders. They are a little over four weeks old! I love seeing the personalities of these birds! I live in Northern Utah where the winters get to an average of -10-0 degrees at night. Ive built a very nice coop for them to stay warm in. The summers get to an average of 92-95 during the day. I'm praying that with all the temperature change they will be able to be healthy, strong, and Happy! I've been wanting this breed for some time and learn more and More being a member of BYC. Thank you for sharing all you stories!
Justin

Thank you to everyone that post information! I acquired 6 Barnevelders. They are a little over four weeks old! I love seeing the personalities of these birds! I live in Northern Utah where the winters get to an average of -10-0 degrees at night. Ive built a very nice coop for them to stay warm in. The summers get to an average of 92-95 during the day. I'm praying that with all the temperature change they will be able to be healthy, strong, and Happy! I've been wanting this breed for some time and learn more and More being a member of BYC. Thank you for sharing all you stories!
Justin

welcome-byc.gif

Congrats on your new barnevelders!!!!! They are really a magical breed of chicken. I love mine and wouldnt trade them for the world!! And share pics when you can. We love chick pics!!
jumpy.gif

Michael

Introducing my silver barnevelder project pullet:)

edited to add: I have a a few blue/silver pullets too, but their markings are not as clean. They may feather out better later though.

Now I just have to convince my husband to let me build (or for him to build) a little coop so I can continue the project.

Last edited:
Introducing my silver barnevelder project pullet:)

edited to add: I have a a few blue/silver pullets too, but their markings are not as clean. They may feather out better later though.

Now I just have to convince my husband to let me build (or for him to build) a little coop so I can continue the project.

Uggggg you are killing me, this is what I have been waiting for!!!!! Can't wait to watch her progress!!! Congrats
love.gif

WoW!! I'm so excited for you! Did you hatch these or buy them!? Just wondering where or how in the world you found a Rooster that had the Silver gene! Simply Amazing!
I hatched her. She is from my neighbors flock made up of my barnie and blue hens with a silver rooster from another breed. She is only an F1 out crossed with another breed with the silver gene. Next, I have to cross her with a pure Barnie roo and then breed a son back to her to "fix" the genes. The silvers will be a tough project because the red leakage doesn't breed out easily. I do like how her lacing is already showing such promise. Very nice sized pullet to for her age.

Trisha

Last edited:
Shes adorable Trisha!!

I would really like to see you wor with this color! You have done so much for the Blue and pure Barnies! You could only make this project better with you working with them. Hopefully you hubby is down with the plan
thumbsup.gif

Michael

Trisha,
I'm on my fourth year of a bantam silver barnevelder project and I would whole heartily agree that the red leakage is the biggest challenge. This year none of my breeders showed red yet I'm still getting a few normal red barnevelder chicks!! It's amazing.
~Al

Last edited:
Trisha,
I'm on my fourth year of a bantam silver barnevelder project and I would whole heartily agree that the red leakage is the biggest challenge. This year none of my breeders showed red yet I'm still getting a few normal red barnevelder chicks!! It amazing.

Okay you can't say that without posting pics
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom