Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Got a pip!!!!!
wee.gif
This is a thrilling moment up in the clouds!

Yay! I hope everything goes well! I've been hatching chicks too and today I got a splash...they sure are cute!

I am so darn antsy today!!!! I have 6 eggs in final lockdown from Fossil Rock Farm. They SHOULD be hatching Fri/Sat. I can get absolutely NO WORK DONE!!!!
barnie.gif
I bought 36 eggs from Fossil Rock Farm on the 1st. Only 4 hatched a 1 was deformed... Candled the other eggs and they were infertile... SO DISAPPOINTING!!! I literally cried! I emailed her but haven't received anything back yet...

I bought 36 eggs from Fossil Rock Farm on the 1st. Only 4 hatched a 1 was deformed... Candled the other eggs and they were infertile... SO DISAPPOINTING!!! I literally cried! I emailed her but haven't received anything back yet...

Wow! 36 eggs and only 4 fertile?? That would make me cry too! I hope you hear from her soon.

DD

Wow!  36 eggs and only 4 fertile??  That would make me cry too!  I hope you hear from her soon. 

DD

She responded! Shes had mixed responses from others who hatched her eggs. She offered to try to get me a small box of eggs and id have to pay just shipping and handling and packaging or something.

She responded! Shes had mixed responses from others who hatched her eggs. She offered to try to get me a small box of eggs and id have to pay just shipping and handling and packaging or something.

Glad you heard back from her...depending on where you live in relation to where she lives I wouldn't think that shipping and packing and all that should be more than about $15 or so. I had someone do that for me once when the eggs I ordered came up mostly clear.

DD

Where are you located? I have a 5 week old pair I would love to find a home for. Ledford lines, double laced, cute as buttons, but too many chickens here. We are in south central PA.

Where are you located? I have a 5 week old pair I would love to find a home for. Ledford lines, double laced, cute as buttons, but too many chickens here. We are in south central PA.

I live 20 minutes from seattle washington. Do you have a picture of them? :)

I live 20 minutes from seattle washington. Do you have a picture of them?
smile.png

So you had the 36 eggs shipped from New York state? If so, that is probably the reason for the poor hatch rate, as opposed to infertility. I am having rather poor luck with shipped Peacock eggs this year, on both the sending and receiving ends. They arrive with detached air cells and scrambled yolks, USPS is really abusing them. I was hoping you were closer as I do not ship chicks, sorry too many horror stories there. Here is a picture of some of them.

Back
Top Bottom