Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

I took a picture of my oldest male on Monday. He's still looking pretty good:) He is currently in with my blue hens.

March 2015- he has gotten a little redder this year, but standing in the shade it's hard to see. He's filled out more too.

Old picture as a cockerel.

His son is turning out really nice too.

I candled my eggs last night on day 7 and all 44 are developing!

Trisha

Last edited:
I took a picture of my oldest male on Monday. He's still looking pretty good:) He is currently in with my blue hens.

March 2015- he has gotten a little redder this year, but standing in the shade it's hard to see. He's filled out more too.

Old picture as a cockerel.

His son is turning out really nice too.

I candled my eggs last night on day 7 and all 44 are developing!

Trisha
Hi Trisha, Would you say that the son has an even better wing stance/position than the father? or was it just the way pic was taken?

The cockerel does carry his wings higher. But, I think the reason the father's low wing carriage is mostly due to attitude and posturing. He was in with a more dominant male earlier this year and held his wings very well tucked up held horizontal. Now he is the only male in the pen again he walks around strutting and dropping his wings for the hens. So, he is pysically capable of holding his wings level yet he poses poorly for the "show pen".

Trisha

The cockerel does carry his wings higher. But, I think the reason the father's low wing carriage is mostly due to attitude and posturing. He was in with a more dominant male earlier this year and held his wings very well tucked up held horizontal. Now he is the only male in the pen again he walks around strutting and dropping his wings for the hens. So, he is pysically capable of holding his wings level yet he poses poorly for the "show pen".

Trisha
Thats what my feeling was that he is posturing that way!

Messaged some of you specifically but I'm looking for some double laced barnevelder chicks - I'm picky lol but I'm in nys and likely they'd need to be shipped- pm me with any options, love love love the breed and having trouble finding stock

Messaged some of you specifically but I'm looking for some double laced barnevelder chicks - I'm picky lol but I'm in nys and likely they'd need to be shipped- pm me with any options, love love love the breed and having trouble finding stock

I am in New York State near Syracuse, I will have chicks later this spring, but they would need to be picked up because I don't ship.

Back
Top Bottom