Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Spring chicks:)

I'd like some experienced critique of this guy. He just turned one year old and I currently have 7 Barney chicks running around here by him. I tried to get a good photo of my best Barney hen but she won't cooperate. I kept this guy as he was the best of the two roos I had...best temperament too and the ladies love his gentlemanly ways! Thanks for looking and for any replies as to what's good and what's not...appreciate it!

Not at all mean mine will jump right in my lap and sun himself haha they are such gentlemen to the ladies too. Mine thinks he's doing the hen a favor by sitting on her nest... he doesn't understand why she sits on the nest but he will do it for her xD and he likes to show off how perfect he can make the nest but gets all hurt when the hen moves to another spot to lay

Not at all mean mine will jump right in my lap and sun himself haha they are such gentlemen to the ladies too. Mine thinks he's doing the hen a favor by sitting on her nest... he doesn't understand why she sits on the nest but he will do it for her xD and he likes to show off how perfect he can make the nest but gets all hurt when the hen moves to another spot to lay
This is great! Can't wait till we know if we have boys & or girls :) and who's who. My husband picked one out and said he votes he is a he because he's and I quote 'the best' so then all their babies will be 'the best' I guess lol- I think they're all the cutest chicks ever ;) I hope our boys are as sweet as yours! We don't have an roosters right now so we might keep a few if we have them :-D

Back
Top Bottom