Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Bookmarked your website! Thank you for the information. Come spring I'll be purchase some from Greenfire and it's great to know of other lines out there I could cross them to. I'm in Vermont, and blessedly not that far away.

It went really well! I have about 50 eggs in a commercial salad bowl in the incubator this round. Do you know that some of them are developing? It's incredible! I probably ought to take a pic. I had a pile of eggs on the counter and just got a bug and decided to plop them all into this giant commercial salad bowl. Put the bowl on top of a smaller bowl so that it would have a base I could tip off of and, well, just let it go from there. Checked tonight and everyone I picked up but one was developing. Go figure.

Where did you get this bird?
from christa hull huber in North Carolina I had her send me a box of chicks and they get more beautiful every day

Just got a pair of young Barnies and want to join this thread. I think these guys are... 5 weeks old or so? Something like that, I don't know the exact hatch date. I am fascinated by the color blue and want to learn more about it. I'll be perusing this whole thread but in the meantime, here is a pic of my new chicks, pullet in front of course:

Looking forward to learning a lot and trying to improve the breed.

Any Barnevelder Hatchers:
Are they slow to hatch? Do you ever have to help them?

I have Swedish Flower hens and Barnies starting to hatch and several of the barnies seem slow.

Back
Top Bottom