Barred or not ?

Aneury Sanchez

Chirping
Dec 8, 2022
Hello this my hen Frankie her mother was a red sex-link and her father could be one of 2 roosters i had when she hatched.
One rooster I named frank he was found on the side of a road he looked like a delaware with more barring all over his body, and the other is named Fatty because of how fat he got he is half red sex-link half cornish cross he is mostly white with red leakage. Her father was supposed to be fatty but her color wasn't what i expected to get so thought frank was her father. Do you think she carries barring if so frank is her father.
20240113_163702.jpg
20240113_163654.jpg
20240113_163650.jpg
20240113_163634.jpg

I looked closer at her feathers, and I believe i can see some faint barring. If she is barred, I know frank was her father. The only way I will know for shore is if I breed her to black or solid colored rooster and some of her sons develop barring. I have a son out of her and Fatty, but he is mostly white with random feathers a red and black. She also gave me two pullets out of a Maran mix rooster. I have her in with a brown leghorn rooster right now so I will see if I get roosters out of it if some are barred. I hope so because I lost frank to old age I believe and only got two chicks out of him.

That looks like red lacing to me. Separate one of her feathers by itself. Is the red only on the tip, or is there a pattern of red and white stripes?

Back
Top Bottom