Barred Rock Poo Drama

Yes I did actually. Tilda it turns out was being eaten alive by cancer, so it may actually be a blessing that she passed the way she did. I am highly suspicious of these local hatcheries that I have acquired my first round of chickens from, this is the 3rd one I have lost to major health issues and I now have a 4th one having a hard time with her legs.
sad.png

That is odd that you both have barred rock issues. I have had my 2 barred rocks for over a year, and they have been in perfect health. One is currently raising chicks she hatched out in July. I don't think it has anything to do with the breed, I think it's just a coincidence. I also have several other chicken breeds (RIR, EE, OE, New Hampshire, Jersey Giants, Australorp, BO, French Marans, SS & more).
I also have 2 barred rocks and they are the only girls from my flock if 11 chickens that have poopy butts all the time. I’ve never tried to remove it, it seems to eventually fall off or something. I’ve only been chicken keeping about 2 years, so I’m kind of a newbie. Should I be removing the poop?

I also have 2 barred rocks and they are the only girls from my flock if 11 chickens that have poopy butts all the time. I’ve never tried to remove it, it seems to eventually fall off or something. I’ve only been chicken keeping about 2 years, so I’m kind of a newbie. Should I be removing the poop?

Back
Top Bottom