Barred Rock Pullet or Roo?

Pullet, she's just lighter.
Oh yay! When we first got the chicks I thought she would be the rooster if we had one as she chirped louder and then as her comb was on the larger side and then her coloring seemed lighter I thought “gotta be a rooster!” But her mannerisms and feathers and build were suggesting otherwise!

Oh yay! When we first got the chicks I thought she would be the rooster if we had one as she chirped louder and then as her comb was on the larger side and then her coloring seemed lighter I thought “gotta be a rooster!” But her mannerisms and feathers and build were suggesting otherwise!
Common for Barred Rock pullets to occasionally get larger combs early. Usually they're not red, just large.

Common for Barred Rock pullets to occasionally get larger combs early. Usually they're not red, just large.
By three weeks, I was so sure my BR was a cockerel due to the size of her comb. Two years later, she still lays plenty of eggs and guards my all-girl flock.

Yours is a little redder in the waddles than mine, but I'd second/third that they're a pullet. Fingers crossed!

My first thought was pullet. Although there’s a bit more white it’s still “dark,” the comb is a tad redder but still small comparatively. I could be wrong though. (I just went back and looked at pics from when our BRs were around that age-we had 1 male 1 female)

Back
Top Bottom