Barred Rock thread!!

Pics

This is gimp she got her name when a cat attacked her and took her 3 yards down to eat her but i herd the screams so i went and saved her life

she walked with a limp for about 3 weeks so we call her gimp oh she likes to get a drink of my coffee in the morning too..

Katatonic123 I have two chicks that are 13 weeks old and I'm still not positive what sex they are. I have a mix of chicks and one is an EE. Your chick is cute.I am really hoping that the two B.R. chicks I have are girls.

Question about Barred Rocks, maybe chickens in general. I have 13 chickens, all of which I thought were hens but after getting rid of our roos several months ago we are still getting fertilized eggs. Is it possible for them not to crow and also when they all go into their coop at night all the birds hop on their two roosting poles accept for one Barred Rock that always sits in the doorway. It seems like it is protecting or guarding the rest of the flock. Is this a sign that it could indeed be a roo? The flock is about 7 months old and I don't see any real difference in looking at the barred rocks we have.

Question about Barred Rocks, maybe chickens in general.  I have 13 chickens, all of which I thought were hens but after getting rid of our roos several months ago we are still getting fertilized eggs.  Is it possible for them not to crow and also when they all go into their coop at night all the birds hop on their two roosting poles accept for one Barred Rock that always sits in the doorway.  It seems like it is protecting or guarding the rest of the flock.  Is this a sign that it could indeed be a roo? The flock is about 7 months old and I don't see any real difference in looking at the barred rocks we have.  

You will know a roo. Top pecking order hen will act as a rooster look for red big comb and wattle and long pointy hackles long curved tail feathers at 7 mths they be a give away

Back
Top Bottom