Barred Rock thread!!

Pics
My prize Barred Rock Rooster, RC was out in the sun with the girls just the other day, He will be eleven months old in the middle of the month. My how they grow and change in one year. But I like them best of all the breeds, nothing quite as striking as that barred pattern, black on white. Their comb and waddles so bright red, an all American rooster if ever there was one. I like this thread, honoring them and a place to show off our prize creatures.

Best to all you barred rock folks out there,

RJ
Wow, he is so pretty!

Thank you for the kind comment HappyChickadee. It is a lot of fun to be able to free range with a fine rooster to head up and protect his flock, as they are imprinted by nature to do. I have to admit they are a pain at times, but we are more than happy to deal with RC. He has been a great addition to our flock.

Thanks again!

RJ

I *really* wish we could have a rooster where I live but we can't have them within the city limits, sadly. I don't see why not because my barred rocks are quite the opera singers.

Thank you for the kind comment HappyChickadee. It is a lot of fun to be able to free range with a fine rooster to head up and protect his flock, as they are imprinted by nature to do. I have to admit they are a pain at times, but we are more than happy to deal with RC. He has been a great addition to our flock.

Thanks again!

RJ

I *really* wish we could have roosters where I Live. I don't see why not, though, because my ladies are quite the opera singers. Lol

I just got my first 2 BRs too, but these are my first chickens period. So total newbie! LOL 2BRs and 2RIRs... hoping they are all pullets as that is what we were told at the feed store..will cross my fingers. :) Feet look dark, so maybe! LOL

Here is one of mine. I hot ygem out of s/r ended up with 2 pullet and 1 cockerel. Here is one of the girls
263a.png

Back
Top Bottom