Barred Rock thread!!

Pics
This is a pic of one of the twenty-five I could caught all mine r just two weeks old

Can I ask why you don't like silkie? Just looking for opinions.

I'm told most people love or hate them. They are in my opinion hard to look after in wetter climates. Feet feathers get muddy and mucky easily and they don't much care for rain/ being wet. For me they were to much intensive maintainance and they lay every second to third day ( small eggs). As we have high rainfall and family that devour eggs they were not suitable for me. That's why I say still cute with big friendly personality

I'm told most people love or hate them. They are in my opinion hard to look after in wetter climates. Feet feathers get muddy and mucky easily and they don't much care for rain/ being wet. For me they were to much intensive maintainance and they lay every second to third day ( small eggs). As we have high rainfall and family that devour eggs they were not suitable for me. That's why I say still cute with big friendly personality
thank you that was really helpful. In the end I've decided to go with a blue laced red wyndoatt

Oh how cute this thread is! I'm a newbie, these are my first two chicks ever and my barred rock is so much fun. For quite the scare today...
Chill mom, just chick yoga, I'm alive...

Pics are from must recent (today at 3 weeks old) to oldest.

Oh how cute this thread is! I'm a newbie, these are my first two chicks ever and my barred rock is so much fun. For quite the scare today...
Chill mom, just chick yoga, I'm alive...

Pics are from must recent (today at 3 weeks old) to oldest.

Great pictures! They are so much fun to watch grow. Those first eggs are so thrilling too. My 5 year old son thinks its so cool when he finds a egg in the nest boxes. :) well enjoy and keep pics coming as they grow. :D

OJ 6 weeks old
My little bantam barred rock I tend to call him/her Little Bit because it's so tiny. S/he isn't much bigger than my 3 wk old Japanese bantam silkie crosses.

Back
Top Bottom