Barred Rock thread!!

Pics
How many eggs do Barred Rocks lay? One of our pullets started laying at 20 weeks and continues to lay 7 eggs per week. She is also the largest one. The other 3 pullets are only laying 5 per week. They have been laying for 3 weeks now, so I am hoping the others will catch up...?

Iamsam, I got two normal new little eggs this morning one blue, and one light brown. I don't remember if I said one of my barred rock pullets is an Easter Egger. Don't know for sure who laid me the weird egg I had yesterday but I was just guessing it was one of them but they seem to be fine today. Thanks for your comment

Fantastic. It's good when things work out and the worry is for nothing. Doesn't stop the worry in the end I check of the list of could bes Untill eliminated then wait lol. Glad it's all ok. Would love to see your eggs now though !

How many eggs do Barred Rocks lay? One of our pullets started laying at 20 weeks and continues to lay 7 eggs per week. She is also the largest one. The other 3 pullets are only laying 5 per week. They have been laying for 3 weeks now, so I am hoping the others will catch up...?

Each to their own matey. I have an austrolorp that lays every second day (72-77gram eggs) and a smaller girl lays every day (62-68gram eggs). Same with my bpr they have some every 2nd and some everyday. 5/7 is not bad for BPRs

OJ is 2 weeks older than the babies but is smaller than any of them. She is also boss as far as the babies are concerned and puts the EE mixes in their place even though they tower over her.

She is SO loud too. I can't believe the noise she makes when she cheeps. I also have an EE silkie cross who has the most awful sounding cheep. It's more like a rough squawk.

r the to lighter rocks in this pic Roos or not

Back
Top Bottom