Barred Rock thread!!

Pics
this is the first time we have had barred rocks. they lay consistently but most of their eggs are just too small to sell. all of our other breeds, except the blue andie (pretty hen but not a good egg layer) lay medium to extra large eggs. the rocks are large fleshy birds but we do not eat our chickens!!

My gentle rooster, Roster, loves the hammock!

He also can ride a bike

One of my favorite chicken!

Last edited:

My old boy Zeus is about as gentle as they come, with people that is, not very gentle on other roosters. This ole boy is 2 yrs old, loves to come sit on my knee at night while sitting at the fire during the summer. Very people friendly.

My old boy Zeus is about as gentle as they come, with people that is, not very gentle on other roosters. This ole boy is 2 yrs old, loves to come sit on my knee at night while sitting at the fire during the summer. Very people friendly.
He's so pretty lol . do have one question though , how is he so tame ? I'm having problems with my br roo he keeps flogging me .
1f622.png

I have two that were supposed to be Black Sex Links but pretty sure they are Barred Rocks. The first two to let me hold them and pet them. Very brave!

Back
Top Bottom