Barred Rock x Faverole

More specifically I guess I should say Plymouth Rock.
Plymouth Rock is the breed that comes in many colors, but Barred Plymouth Rock (or Barred Rock) is that specific color variety. So calling them Barred Rocks works well here.

Has anyone done this cross?
No, but I can make some predictions:

--lot of black chicks (could have some white or brown/red/gold showing in the feathers when grown up, but will still have lots of black.

--white barring on sons

--daughters will be barred or not according to what their father was (Barred father = barred daughters, Faverolle father = daughters with no white barring.)

--feathered feet on all chicks, but not as heavily feathered as the Faverolle has

--muff/beard probably on all chicks, but might be less heavy than the Faverolle has

The reason I asked is because I hatched some of the eggs from my barred rocks. 1 rooster, one hen. One of the chicks turned out to have five toes and feathered feet. Obviously one of our salmon Faverolle roosters has reached maturity and visited our barred rock hen, lol.

The interesting thing is that he is growing significantly faster than his hatch mate....a barred rock chick.

Back
Top Bottom