Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

I think its cute that your hatchery girl won best of breed - she must be a beauty.

Thanks! She is pretty cute and very sweet
smile.png
She's one good layer too... Hardly ever takes a day off and she's produced some really cute sexlink babies for my layer flock... I've got a gorgeous Blue Sexlink roo and one of her little girls has started laying and is looking like she'll be as good as her momma! I actually almost hate to stop hatching her eggs because she's produced such good layers but I only want to hatch purebreds from now on so I'm letting my layer flock as is. I'd get rid of the roo since I don't need him but he's just too pretty to look at
smile.png
I'm adding pictures for good measure and because I can't resist. I do like looking at her and comparing with the Good Shepherd BRs though, such a huge difference in size and color quality. Once again, can't wait to get some Good Shepherds!

Here's Rocky at her show...
Rocky.jpg

And her baby boy... He was crossed with my HUGE Blue Copper Marans roo so he's not such a baby anymore:
HansOlo.jpg

And her baby boy... He was crossed with my HUGE Blue Copper Marans roo so he's not such a baby anymore:

He is just way to cool! My 10 yo is now trying to figure out where to find a BCM Roo...lol.​

you all have some aweson barred rocks.i live in south ga. just checking to see if any one sells eggs. thanks dan

Thanks! I'm totally in love with him. His barring is really quite nice too! His daddy ended up in the soup pot because he was about the meanest rooster ever. I didn't really like my Marans so I'm keeping the three girls I have but don't plan on getting any more... Since he won't likely be replicated I'm keeping him despite not really needing a roo in the layer pen! Luckily he has been a good roo so far, good with the ladies and pretty much ignores me.

It's really too bad that my Marans was so mean because he produced some really nice babies. The black sexlink girl is nice looking and is laying well and I have another HUGE roo that's a cross between the blue copper and my BO. Drop dead gorgeous boy - Buff/Copper on top with a beautiful slate blue underneath on his belly! As you can tell I did a lot of experimenting last year
smile.png

WHOOPPEEEEEEEEE, Dec 4, 2011 First egg from my Jeremy Barred Rocks. Was having a terrible day with water leaking from upstairs bathroom down through entry hall ceiling. Got it taken care of, went to chicken house and to my surprise found an first egg in barred rock pen. Beautiful rocks Kathy.
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom