Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

Does anyone know anything about the Canadian lines?

For example, does this line come from the states? This is a breeder's winning roo in Nova Scotia, Canada. I would love to get some :)

This is a very nice male. If you look at the saddle feathers note how they flow all the way to the lesser sickles then flow to the end with the main sickle feathers. This is the kind of tail you want on a barred rock male. His top line needs more lift at it is only about five to ten degrees but that can be added with good breeding. Do you know who owns this bird then I can ask some of my Plymouth Rock Club members in Canada who and where this line came from. Do you know where this picture was take at?

Gives us some information and in a few days we will have a answer for you. Thanks for a excellent example of a barred rock male with a good fully furnished tail .You can send me a personnel message if you dont want to put any private names on here. We understand. bob
Does anyone know anything about the Canadian lines?
For example, does this line come from the states? This is a breeder's winning roo in Nova Scotia, Canada. I would love to get some
smile.png

This is a very nice male. If you look at the saddle feathers note how they flow all the way to the lesser sickles then flow to the end with the main sickle feathers. This is the kind of tail you want on a barred rock male. His top line needs more lift at it is only about five to ten degrees but that can be added with good breeding. Do you know who owns this bird then I can ask some of my Plymouth Rock Club members in Canada who and where this line came from. Do you know where this picture was take at?

Gives us some information and in a few days we will have a answer for you. Thanks for a excellent example of a barred rock male with a good fully furnished tail .You can send me a personnel message if you dont want to put any private names on here. We understand. bob

Derek Fulton from Nova Scotia is the owner of this male. If you are Canadian and want to know where you can get this line his number is 1 (902) 758-4069.

http://www.nsppa.ca/breeders/fulton.html

Link to his breeders page :)

http://www.circlepondfarm.com/ also offer day old chicks from the same line.

I have 2 males out of 7 that I kept with this type of tail, is this considered too much? It looks more like the pic Kathy posted from the SOP to me. And could you give me your thoughts on the overall appearance of this guy? Is he a breeder?? Thanks. .....stan

He has a better tail than some I have seen. May need more length of body down the road but take little steps each year. Glad you got Barred Rocks. I wish I had room but I only have room for my old White Rock line that I have brought back home to keep going. I found some old birds that I shared with a friend ten years ago he shared with a friend then got back three years ago. I was shocked that they still have good size and type. They of course have the fully furnished tails but heck they are all white. Good layers. I am getting almost a egg out of each hen per day. Five at least per week which is great. Thanks for posting your pictures for all of us to see. Bob

Back
Top Bottom