Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

tigercreek, just wondering how old your roo is? I am no expert but I think he is handsome.

He's still young for this line, 6 months I think. He still has a few months to gain some. Thanks, I'm liking him better all the time, but always though he had too much tail height. looking at pictures, most don't have the up swept tail unless they are 'squirel tails'. This guy looks more like the SOP pic to me. ........stan

Mine is about 10 months old and I think he still has some maturing and feathering to do.

Most likely he will grow some more. If I remember right, you posted pics a while back, and he had not filled out yet. The first ones I hatched last April are over 10 pounds and I think they are about as big as they are going to get, but still doing some feathering. None of them have this type of tail though. Seems only 2 from later hatches have the uptunred tail. All the rest are bigger bodied, but the tails are a mess. .....stan

I will have to get an updated pic of him. I was looking at him this morning and noticed that he is getting very wide across the chest. He still does not crow. At least I don't think he does.

Most likely he will grow some more. If I remember right, you posted pics a while back, and he had not filled out yet. The first ones I hatched last April are over 10 pounds and I think they are about as big as they are going to get, but still doing some feathering. None of them have this type of tail though. Seems only 2 from later hatches have the uptunred tail. All the rest are bigger bodied, but the tails are a mess. .....stan

Your memory is better than mine. After uploading pics from today I realized I posted pics from almost a month ago. Anyway here they are.

LL

I like him! His tail is a mess, like most of these, but he looks to have more length in the body than most,and pretty crisp color. He looks a lot like the one I'm using as a breeder on my pullets now. Is he from Jeramy's birds thru Kathy ?? ......stan

Thanks! Yes, he is from Kathy [thru Jeremy]. I think they have all been going thru a light molt as I have been seeing their feathers all over the coop. The girls have just started to lay again after taking a couple of months off.

Hillbilly Hen, that is a really beautiful rooster! I'm no "conformation" judge, I just know a pretty bird when I see one....

As far as crowing, the Silver Pencil Rock, Stanley, that I got from Stan, crows aplenty, even at night. (which doesn't bother me and I don't care much about how the neighbor's feel about it) I think he crows as a warning when the rats come out to play... working on that, too....

Back
Top Bottom