Barred Rocks Good Shepard Poulty Ranch

I did the same thing about 8 weeks ago. Thought I'ld try to add some pictures taken today.

Well I'm having errors uploading. Guess two pictures is it. You can click on the picture to get a bigger image.

I did the same thing about 8 weeks ago. Thought I'ld try to add some pictures taken today.

Well I'm having errors uploading. Guess two pictures is it. You can click on the picture to get a bigger image.
Nice chicks Dirt Farmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Looks like you got a nice pen for them. We and my chicks are really fighting the heat right now.

I have a pullet pictured here for which I would like some opinions from you with a good eye for rocks. She hatched in March and we are planning to enter her in the County Fair next week, which might be a bit early for her, but she is bigger than my other hatchery grade hens already.
She has a couple black feathers (pluck , pluck)
Thanks Andy

Here is my Stukel boy. He was the only success I had in hatching some shipped eggs. He is going to be a monster. He hatched in Feb. and is the slowest maturing rooster I have ever raised. Every single feather on his body is barred. All the way down to the tiniest of tiny feather. I would really like to get more eggs to get a girl to breed with him. I have a standard barred rock hen that I will breed with him to see what I get.....if he ever matures. He isn't even crowing yet. Here is the hen I kept from my breeding group I sold. She had the sharpest bars of all of them. I am hoping for crisper bars when she molts this fall. This will be her first molt.

Last edited:
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom