barred wyandotte bantam

encorepistol

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
MO
Well I crossed my whites and blacks hoping the white was masking barring and low and behold Ive hatched a couple barred chicks from them. One died after a week but one is still alive and doing well. Im going to keep them together and hatch as many as I can!

Heres a pic of my single barred wyandotte baby.
26015_2011-04-13_17-53-30_716.jpg

Woot woot. Thats great news. I hope to get started with the barred bantams sometime and several other colors. Im working with a few LF Wyandottes right now though, I have a barred and a black roo and white ( masking barring I think) and Buff hens so I'm planning on slowly working on LF Black, Barred, White, Mottled, and Lemon Cuckoo with what I have right now.

How are your mottled bantam projects coming along ?

And I got your email but the file is saved on my home computer and I'll have to get it there and send it.

Ive got a bunch of F2 chicks hatched out and more incubating so I should have plenty to cull from. The feathers on the legs are pretty sparse but wil take probably 2 more generations to get ridof it completely. Its going to take a little bit to get where I want them but at least Ive got good stock to work with. Im more excited about the barreds right now and hope to hatch lots.

Back
Top Bottom