Bathing chickens??

I don't bathe mine... Maybe folks with show chickens bathe theirs.
Ditto Dat^^^^
Only reason would be if a bird had especially nasty butt feathers from constant loose poops, which is a problem that needs to be addressed.
If they just have a dingleberry hanging back there, trimming the feathers will help.

I let them do it themselves. Even the white Plymouth rocks stay nice and bright white.

Attachments

• 20180504_152427.jpg
    20180504_152427.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Ditto Dat^^^^
Only reason would be if a bird had especially nasty butt feathers from constant loose poops, which is a problem that needs to be addressed.
If they just have a dingleberry hanging back there, trimming the feathers will help.
I'm having to treat 2 for leg mites. That's why I'm asking. :) I thought that this was just the way this rooster's legs looked until I got another one home and found hers the same way. So i did some research, asked some questions and showed a few pictures. So, it seems that that is what they both have! Needless to say, I'm not Happy! :he

I'm having to treat 2 for leg mites. That's why I'm asking. :) I thought that this was just the way this rooster's legs looked until I got another one home and found hers the same way. So i did some research, asked some questions and showed a few pictures. So, it seems that that is what they both have! Needless to say, I'm not Happy! :he
It's one of the easiest to treat, and doesn't spread as easy as most.
So you're using a vaseline type product, and it gets on the belly feathers, then picks up dirt?? BTDT.
Don't bother washing them until after your fully done treating, if at all. as it will wear off.
Shoving the ointment up under the scales then wiping down the leg to get excess off will much reduce the 'dirtiness'.

It's one of the easiest to treat, and doesn't spread as easy as most.
So you're using a vaseline type product, and it gets on the belly feathers, then picks up dirt?? BTDT.
Don't bother washing them until after your fully done treating, if at all. as it will wear off.
Shoving the ointment up under the scales then wiping down the leg to get excess off will much reduce the 'dirtiness'.
Ah! Ok! Should I use something other than Vaseline? Vaseline is the most suggested from everyone .

Back
Top Bottom