Bator recommendations?

Motherhenandflock

Songster
12 Years
May 17, 2007
Southeast Idaho
You folks have given me the bug! I've always enjoyed driving into town real early to pick up a peeping box of chicks from the post office. But after reading of your excitement of having a chick hatch! Well, I am ready to learn.
What do you all use? I won't be needing something that will hatch 100s of eggs. :eek:
What about different sizes of eggs? Can they fit in the same bator or what would I need?
What is a "good and easy" bator for a newbie?
I could have my DH build me one, but I have other honeydo things for him to keep busy quite awhile.
But that would be an option too to keep costs down.
jumpy.gif

I made one...total cost was about $10. It is forced air, will hold about 15 eggs i guess...has large viewing window...looks like it will work pretty good...took about 1 hour to make (if that) once I had all the materials.

I will see how it works over the next 3 weeks i guess...the eggs are being shipped to me on monday.

cool.png
I built mine it will hold at least 3 dozen eggs. Mine is a forced air. Total cost was $2.00, that was for the transformer. I get my eggs tonight, will let you know how it works in three weeks.

In my opinion, the best incubator, (But not the cheapest) is the Lyon TX-6 or TX-7.
They are pricey, but pretty much foolproof and you are almost guaranteed to get a hatch. They don't hold alot of eggs, 26 bantam or 18 standard, just depends on the turning ring you have. Everything is done from the outside without opening the lid, turning, adding water.

To be fair, people also love the Brinsea's but I havent ever tried one. I have three Lyons and thats all I need. I have a 100% hatch happening as I type this.

Back
Top Bottom