Bay Area Meet Up/Chicken Swap - Sunday October 10th!

Yay, I'm glad Bay Area peeps are starting to find this thread! I'm talking with the folks at the San Leandro Marina Park (my proposed location in San Leandro, CA) right now to discuss whether or not they'll allow chickens on the premises. The person who makes the reservations is out on vacation right now so I'm waiting to hear back. The park is great, it's literally right next to the Bay so even if it's warmer by October we should get a nice sea breeze to keep folks comfortable.

Not to worry on specifics yet everyone, I just put what I would like to bring as an example for those of you to see. However if you DO know what you're going to bring just let me know and I will add your name to the list.

For those of you who are concerned about not being exactly in the Bay Area, don't worry about it! I'm hoping this meet can be one for those who didn't get to attend the other California ones that already took place this year. Everyone is welcome!
big_smile.png

HHandbasket... gumbo sounds FANTASTIC! I love Louisiana style foods!
droolin.gif

Sounds good. I like the idea of San Leandro since it is more central to the Bay Area and is right along I-880. You could also see if the Newark Paviliion might be available; it's an indoor venue. If you want free space, try calling assorted local chambers of commerce because some of them are so desperate for an event to attract people to their towns they might even help find a space.
big_smile.png

Quote:
What a great idea!
thumbsup.gif
I'm calling the park manager tomorrow morning to see if she'll allow chickens in the park, if not I will be looking for a new venue.

I'm IN!! Well, depending on the date, but October is usually pretty doable. I'd love to meet some other chicken folks! I'm usually good for some kind of dessert, too...

yippiechickie.gif

Hello, fellow Gay area natives. I am down in Santa Cruz on a ranch overlooking the Monterey bay. I am always fascinated by chicken folk. I am moving more towards ducks, though I still have 40 or so chooks. If a place is needed for a meet up and SC does not seem too far, I have a great meeting spot...

Quote:
HiddenHill, thanks for the offer! I'm still waiting to hear back from a park rep, I think I'll give them a call again today. But it's always great to have more options.

I've never been to Santa Cruz, your place sounds lovely.

Back
Top Bottom